Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
more info to come.. I don't want the NOS.. just happens to be on it.
-link removed-

Click thru that link above for more pictures!!!

I test drove it for 20 mins with no problems except an intake gasket leak. I drove it 10 miles when I got home and it died 200 yards from my house then wouldn't start and flooded itself. I think it might have been out of gas. Those twin holleys are coming off and I am ordering an edelbrock ASAP. It also shifts pretty hard, 4 speed stick.. I hate the gearing (4:10). I am going to change it to 3:73. It pulls pretty damn hard. Don't know the history of it. I bought it from a guy that bought it at an estate sale.
2010815133257908_521.jpg
201081513335924_521.jpg
2010815133311830_521.jpg

·
Registered
918 Posts
To say that thing is bad ass would be an understatement. Sweet ride dude. I love them old vettes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
in my circle track experience a single line edelbrock is garbage. holley is the way to go

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
As I already said thats a sweet cruiser you have there. Does it run on pump gas? Did you get it running again after adding gas? You will have to post up a video clip so we can hear it[8D]

Those holleys almost look new? We run holley and edlebrock on our older vehicals and they both seem good,my brother put a demon carb on one of his drag cars and it made a big difference for the better on how it runs. I would run the holleys for awhile before taking them off till you know for sure they are causing a problem.

·
Registered
737 Posts
freakin awsome dude, holleys look well set up i always had good luck with them I would lauch around town with the 4/10 before changing it out

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Sweet Vette. I bet it would sound/perform much better with a decent exhaust on it. Cherry bombs must take away from the experience a little huh?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Ace the tee handles on the valve covers, the motor shaking makes them work loose...

Replace them with hex head cap screws, and get a tee allen wrench that is the right size.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
intake gasket leak? that isnt good at all, i wouldnt even have ran or drove the car on a intake gasket. if the intake was leaking then to much air was getting in there that would mess up your fuel to air ratio and it would have ran like crap. i have 4:11 posi with a mini spool in my camaro. thats a drag strip gears at 4:11 sounds like the guy was a racer lol......looks awsome i did body work on some old vette's like that and painted them. lots of curves on that body!!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Ace the tee handles on the valve covers
Ace? I am confused on that statement.

MicahMan said:
intake gasket leak? that isnt good at all, i wouldnt even have ran or drove the car on a intake gasket. if the intake was leaking then to much air was getting in there that would mess up your fuel to air ratio and it would have ran like crap. i have 4:11 posi with a mini spool in my camaro. thats a drag strip gears at 4:11 sounds like the guy was a racer lol......looks awsome i did body work on some old vette's like that and painted them. lots of curves on that body!!!!
The leak was every so slight very popular problem with having a supercharger. Put 40 lbs on a torque wrench and got 1 turn on the two bolts in the corner. I think its fixed. These 4:11 gears suck for street. I want them out ASAP and am looking doing it very soon. Just need to find an affordable solution. It is running way to rich right now, I have to see if I can adjust that. Yes its clear the car was drag raced.. the nos, gearing, supercharger, and gages kinda red flag that one. I think it has been a street car that had fun on the weekends. I am going to change it to be more of a street car.. gears first and never use the NOS

Top on my list is lean it, get the squeel from the blower belt to quit, get headlights and wipers to work for inspection,install 3.73 gears, check intake gasket and replace, look at installing a single edelbrock carb.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
yeah otherwise i like it! id like it even if it didnt have a motor in it lol

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Ace = get rid of.. (sorry if the term is from before your time)

You'll probably be a lot happier with 3.31 or 3.50 gears than 3.73. With 3.73, you'll be able to pass everything but a gas station.

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks again.
I made two quick videos. The belt squeeks when its cold for some reason. I will diagnose that very soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3MNfKBavsI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRHUUAn_bho&feature=channel

·
Registered
480 Posts
Awesome car Matt

·
Registered
1,624 Posts

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
That sounds rich on acceleration... Back off the accelerator pump some.

You can get rid of the baubling at idle by adjusting the idle mixture to a little leaner.

The squealing on acceleration is definitely one of the belts.. Get a stethescope, and you can track it down to the particular pulley that's squealing. Most likely it's the alternator and can be remedied by tightening the belt, or using a bigger pulley on the alternator.

The blower belt should be serrated, so the only thing that can squal is the idler, but that shouldn't squeal as it has no drag, unless the bearing is starting to go.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts