Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
That is a 96 xcr 600 special not sport. Talk to acexlt. He has all the changes that need to be made for clutching to make it scream. It was a finiky dog out of the crate. When properly tuned they ran like a champ.

Does look clean from the pics.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by Skyybids
[br]Which sled on Kbb is the sled I bought?

Indy 600 XCR 597
Indy 600 XCR SP 600
Bottom one, it is a 600 with triple pipes. Which you already know. Actually has a 680 ultra bottom end. You can put 680 cylinders on it and have a ultra.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I never had issues with my ultra. I know the calibration of the 600 was way off.
They had some small issues but that is expected with a new model as it was.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
may be alittle nose heavy for her.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Have the same sled for backup/wife. She just putters around anyway....she wouldn't know if it was a 340 or a 1000....Well other then the weight.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Blew a 600 trip AND a 650 trip. in one season good luck both had been pro. rebuilt too.....and this post is NOT to start a war about trips just my .2 cents PERIOD.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I had one of those 96 XCR sp's for awhile- the engines were stout- they didn't have the crank issues the mono blocks had. They were not tuned very well in factory form- jetted way fat (huge gas hog) clutching left something to be desired, and a tempermental powerband. It didn't like low speeds , not much for low or top end but it had a heck of a mid-range! After it got up to around 5000 rpm it would clean out and take off and about pull your arms out of their sockets- not a very good trail sled! I never worked the bugs out of mine- I sold it. However I have heard some guys on this forum that know how to tune these things to really rip- jetting and clutching changes I think. Do a search for that sled, I know there have been previous posts about this. Good Luck!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Originally posted by Skyybids
[br]Thanks.. I picked up the sled tonight, what a beast this thing is wow it's heavy!!! Just a quick question... How much play if any is supposed to be on the rear clutch. See picture.. I think it's called the rear part of the clutch..
[attachment=49356]
Is that the sled you bought on ebay the picture with the scribbles? If so that looks like a mono block motor not a triple triple motor.[attachment=11989]
[attachment=11991]
[attachment=11990]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts