Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it has 2600 miles on it. its been sitting for around 3 years all it needs is clean up and what not but iam geting it for 700 there is no tears no where on this sled put it this way it is a beautiful sled for what i have now that need some work tell me if its a good deal or not. thanks for reading. nick

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've got it's cousin a '90 Exciter 570 EHP with electric start and new seat, lots of work done, I'll give her to you for $800... needs some work on the engine, but otherwise is a pretty good sled...

Sounds like a great pick up though... good luck with it!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
ya i really like my exciter, mine just resently blew up tho:(, but yea its a fun sled good power all around. its also pretty comfortable, but my shock in the rear is done so a bump bounces me around, but hope u have fun with it, mines a 91, wit just over 13500 kms and i got it for 500$ cnd with not much work needed but theres a key jammed in the switch, but what ever it works:D

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sweet now i now iam getting a good deal on it. the guy iam buyin it from said it runs awesome hes almost a 250 or 300 pound guy. and iam 160 so big difrence in weight i would say. thanks for the input. nick

·
Registered
849 Posts
Originally posted by sledhead67
[br]sweet now i now iam getting a good deal on it. the guy iam buyin it from said it runs awesome hes almost a 250 or 300 pound guy. and iam 160 so big difrence in weight i would say. thanks for the input. nick
she'll fly with your skinny a$$ on it then..LOL [;)]

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i dont know much about these sleds but i will learn about them i have riden 1 pretty myuch the same sled but that was like 5 or 6 years ago it rode nice but i never rode in powder with it do they do ok for a short track or should i add like a 3/4" on it or is there one i can stick on it. let me know again thanks for the help guys and all of it appreciated alot. nick

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
whats the stock length on the tracks so when i get the money i can buy one. and the sled is a 90 in really good shape its got electric start on it even. nick

·
Registered
108 Posts
121"x15"x2.52 pitch. 1 inch height is pretty much the limit. Rather than buy new consider a "take-off" from the dealer. I picked up a 136"x1.5" and suspension out ov a VMAX for five beans. Even after buying smaller drivers it was less than a track. Or look for a shop that specializes in tunnels. They remove a lot of good tracks cause some one wants something bigger. You must have a lot of highmarkers in Oregon.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah there is alot of guys going to the powder sleds more and more wish i can afford one but oh well short tracks are easier to throw around then a long track sled is. thanks for the help on that. nick

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an '87 with over 5500 miles on it. It's a great little machine. It was long tracked when I got it and does great in the powder too. Sounds like a great deal. Have fun.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i would have fun on it but it dont want to run right. other then that its a nice looking sled. thanks. nick

·
Registered
349 Posts
good deal i got my 87 exciter for 500 that had to geyt alot of work done to it

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bad thing about it now is that i need a primary clutch for it. talk about a pain in the rear. nick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts