Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a project 97 indy xlt limited. It needs a track and the rear shock has no dampening so I assume I need at least 1 of the 2 rear shocks. this has the Xtra 12 suspension, just what is this? I have found very little info on it?
I got this for a back yard toy, so what track would you recomend the current track is ok but the guy got stuck in a creek and really tore up the lugs. the rest of the track is good but most of the lugs are now 1/2 inch tall. I am in Ohio and generally get less then 8 inches of snow except this year we got 21! so I want to be able to ride in 3 inches but also if it does get deeper I don't get stuck, what is the factory lug depth and what should I get?
and Shocks, any one know what will fit my Xtra 12, I have almost no dampening so 1 or both shocks are shot any suggestions?
how is this compared to the Xtra 10?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
The extra ten is better for hard bumpy trail riding something about the shocks get more and more stiff until it goes all the way down. But if i were you i would look it up at hardcoresledder.com. for the shocks i would try to just find a used skid for like 100 bucks. post pics it will help us give you more information.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have fond some info on the Xtra 12 and it seems like it will be a good match for my riding, but I will need to replace the shocks.
anyone know if I can fit a 1.5 lug on this chassy, i guess it is the evolved chassy. stock track is a 121x15x.82
I found a good deal on a 1.5 camoplast track if it will fit? I probably won't pull it apart till summer but want to locate parts before they become scarce after season!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts