Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site. Well this is my first year riding a sled, I live in the Upper Pennisual. I just bought a 1997 Yamaha Mountain Max 700 Triple, It has VERY HIGH miles but runs good and moves fine. The sled isn't the prettiest thing out there its been used for sure, but like I said this is my first year riding so Not to worried about messing it up.
First thing is the front left shock bushing going to the ski is Not exsisting and it makes metal to metal banging noises when I hit the brakes. Do I have to buy a new shock or just bushing?
Second thing The sway bar is disconnected on the right side, but it dosen't look like there is anything really holding it in there Does the bushing keep the sway bar in place?, Bushing Looks pretty chewed up. Can I buy just a bushing for the sway bar too.
Thank you Bobby,

·
Registered
661 Posts
Welcome to the SF site. I'm not familiar with Yamaha's too much, but you should be able to buy the bushings only for the shocks & sway bar. They sell them for Polaris, so I'm sure that they would be available for Yamaha also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts