Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I am riding my sled at low speeds it seems to be a little boggy and sounds like it is drowning itself out? Then when I punch the throttle it runs like a champ no bogging at all. Is this common with sleds or do I have a jetting issue which runs into my other question, I need to know what I need to set my jets to and how it is done? I run a '00 700 RMK at about 5,000-8,500 ft. Any thoughts for the newbie here?[:D]

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
there should be a sticker on the undeside of the hood or on the airbox. maybe in the manual. but somewhere there is a elavation tunning chart. it sounds like you could drop your needles a clip. but dont do anything until you get a copy of that chart. a dealer should have one to run off a copy for you. what color are your plugs?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright went riding for work today and my carbs still seem to be pushing to much fuel.I pulled them out and cleaned them up they still were looking brand new hardly any grime on them.The floats and all internal devices seem to be working properly but my spark plugs when I pull them out seem to be almost black. So now which way do I need to turn the adjuster to limit the fuel intake at low speeds and is there only one place you need to adjust these carbs? They are the Kiehin carbs that are on my sleds![V]

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
only adjustment is for the idle,which may help or not ,otherwise if this sled has never been jetted ,probaly way to rich ,most sleds come out of the factory with at least one size bigger jet(main jet) then it needs,and on some of mine have dropped 2-3 to get to run right

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I am the newbie and not to mechanically incline as motors go where are the jetts you are talkin about replacing? I know this is a stupid ? for most ya all but give me a break Im new to all this! [^]Duh Duh Duh!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
have to take those carbs of ,on some sleds you can losen the clamps and turn them over ,be a drain plug on the bottom take it out ,might want to call you're dealer to see what jets should be in there ,may have to take them all the way off and change the pilot jets also

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
while I was in cleaning the carbs I noticed that it has V-force reeds!Do these need maintenance on them and if so what do I need to do? The more I get into this sled the more I find that has been done to it.[:D] I was on the SLP website to look up the twin single pipes I have and they recommended a 215/225 jet with just the pipes it doesnt specify with the reed though. Do I need to adjust the jetting with the reeds?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts