Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we my fiance and i are tossing the idea around of selling our fishing boat to get another sled or two.and we have been looking for another yamaha .dont want to start a big brand argument but everywhere we look in our area and on here and craigs list it seems that all people want to sell are polaris's and i was just trying to figure out why??am i the only one who sees this or is it just our area???[confused]

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
It's because they are worth more.[:D] Haha. Around here, it's a little bit of everything. None really stand out.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Maybe it's because everyone's upgrading to the Rush [thumb]

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Polaris sells a lot of sleds, they were #1 in sales through the 1990's, and by selling a lot means there are alot out there to be resold. Lots of people have two or three sleds and haven't got use for an older one so they sell it.

Also depends on if there are several dealers near by and what all brands are sold.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
In my area more Arctic Cat's sell then anything. Why? Because more people ride Cat's then anything else and most are updating to newer sleds.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
polaris_xc_racing said:
In my area more Arctic Cat's sell then anything. Why? Because more people ride Cat's then anything else and most are updating to newer sleds.
They just keep upgrading their cats because cats fall apart... If they don't upgrade, they'll eventually be riding bare chassis. [thumb]

[peepwall]

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Lol, I dunno my buddies dad has over 8,000 miles on his '05 ZR.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
craig your just mad cause we all are riding polaris's this year and your gonna be the only yamaha guy. lol its what you make of it and yes polaris sold more sleds in the 90's than anyone. i know a guy who has a cat and he has done so much work to it just to ride with us, so i know how cats can be riding on a chassis in no time like mentioned above.

look what you did now craig now your gonna start a SLED WAR

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
polaris_xc_racing said:
They just keep upgrading their cats because cats fall apart... If they don't upgrade, they'll eventually be riding bare chassis. [thumb]

[peepwall]
Bare chassis is still better than Polaris haha[thumb]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
did not intend to .by the way i dont care that im the only one rideing a yamaha cuz i know how reliable mine is.it has nevere did me wrong in the 5yrs that iv had it. maybe thats why all these polaris's are for sell cuz the yamahas are so reliable and no one wants to get rid of them. lol i just need to sell or find a decent trade so i can get another sled so we can both go and take the boys with us!she had a polaris before and she did not like it she rode my yamaha and liked it better the her polaris and she likes how reliable they are and how easy if is for her to start even for being an older sled. we barely use the boat we would deff.get more use out of another sled!yhats y i bought my yamaha cuz my friends have them as old as a 79 and they all are still being rode to this day all of them are very reliable very min.problems besides just the normal wear and tear that you need to nkeep up with.im very happy with mine to eash is own just wondering why there are very few out ther for sale either there is none or there just not selling them due to the same reasons i dont want to get rid of mine or change brands .lol micahman will see whos the first one rideing this yr. unless u savatage me while im sleeping lol putting a camra out back lol!!!

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
people are selling all brands of olders sleds cuz it not 1996 anymore. All brands have changed a bit in the last 15 years!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get whatever brand/color YOU feel is best! But your missing out if you think the 96 Vmax is the best there is!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
ClassicCat76 said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
polaris_xc_racing said:

[peepwall]
Mark that's a low blow! Just remember you're sticking polaris tunnel protectors (which coincidently came off a bare polaris chassis) on your cat!

And I also do believe Polaris dominated the market in the early to mid/late 90's. You see all kinds of Indy's out there. which means there are lots still roaming around waiting to be sold

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
^^Haha I guess they got ONE thing right[:D].

On topic though, in the Metro area I see a good balance of eveything up for sale. But not alot af ZR parts sleds!!!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
And I also do believe Polaris dominated the market in the early to mid/late 90's. You see all kinds of Indy's out there. which means there are lots still roaming around waiting to be sold
Also the Edge dominated till 04 when the Rev was out and didn't have the bever tail.

·
Registered
314 Posts
clarson6573 said:
we my fiance and i are tossing the idea around of selling our fishing boat to get another sled or two.and we have been looking for another yamaha .dont want to start a big brand argument but everywhere we look in our area and on here and craigs list it seems that all people want to sell are polaris's and i was just trying to figure out why??am i the only one who sees this or is it just our area???[confused]
i have a 94 vmax iam selling i live in burlington messege me if your interested

1,792 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
polaris_xc_racing said:

[peepwall]
I'll take this as a compliment. People don't take pot shots at anything they don't feel threatened by.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
ClassicCat76 said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
polaris_xc_racing said:

[peepwall]
amen!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MNSLEDNECK56308 said:
people are selling all brands of olders sleds cuz it not 1996 anymore. All brands have changed a bit in the last 15 years!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get whatever brand/color YOU feel is best! But your missing out if you think the 96 Vmax is the best there is!
i never once said the 96 vmax was the best there is !i did say i was happy with it and how reliable it is .i know its not the best there is.i do know mine has never didme wrong or left me stranded on the trails mine is very reliable not the best never once said it or thought that!!!im looking for another sled if i can sell or trade my boat never said it had to be a 96 v max i said the majorty of sleds on craigs list in my area and on here are polaris and everybodys not rich and can afford a new sled to show off with or brag about!! i for one have not workrd since nov 3rd due to a back surgery that went bad so theres no chance i can afford a new one!! and btw u can neverhave the best cuz someone will always have something better then what u got !! btw im happy with what i got it doesnt hve to be the best im out there and im enjoting myself and the kids enjoy it so im not missing out on ne thingi dont need a 10 thousand dollar sled to make me happy and i sure dont need one just to have the best .really what is the best i bet someone else sayes ur wrong and thinks that something else is the best . so i dont know were you came up with that!!!just not looking for a polaeis but thats all thats all thats for sale were i am looking.i just yhought it was crazy and kind of funny cause thats what my friends ride and they keep telling me to get one and i dont want one but thats all thats for sale in the places im looking thats all never once said the 06 vmax was the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!![confused][:(!]

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I'm somebody, I have Polaris's, they are not for sale.

Why would you state EVERYBODY

Why would you not say there seem to be many Polaris sleds for sale.

Your topic is just begging for argument.

I had one of the vmax 600 sleds and it was a pile of %$&@. The worst front supension ever thought up, ugly, and slow. A friend of mine was geeked to buy one new. He had a old EXT530 cat that he sold me for 200..I fixed it up over the winter and at a party that March he was bragging up the Vmax. He was itching to race everyone, Well I lined his old 200 dollar sled with his new 600 Vmax and whooped him 3 out of 3.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
wow.....getting intresting in here..... well craig now your running a track that says polaris on it its not 100% yamaha anymore. there are so many polaris's where we are cause more people bought them than other sleds. i caould drive down the road and i can spot maybe 5 polaris's 2 cats and 1 skidoo rite now. so i think its mainly what people prefer and i like polaris cause they are a dime a dozen and easy to get parts for. never liked cats cause i saw to many ppl workin on them and i had a few skidoo's and i liked them for the most part i had a 81 yami and it was a lumber wagon. i got a polaris and loved it. so i like polaris plus they are easy to work on.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts