Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy and I went in to the local sled shop to get a fan belt for his sled, and while standing at the counter the owner's wife asks us if we would like to take it for a run. YEAH!! That thing ran like snot! Now I know all of you triple fans out there think that your sleds are fast...you have no idea. A semi with no trailer past me in the ditch at about 60 mph, I let his nose pass me, I honked on her and passed him before his rear tires could go by. Now that's raw! No hesitation at all and with the four-stroke engine it has that deadly purring sound only monsters can have. Take one out for a test drive... you'll talk about it for weeks!![:0][:p][:D]

·
Registered
36 Posts
man that sounds like a sweet sled

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
it will be interesting to see how they do at the speed runs.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
From everything i've read: In an all out drag race, there as quick as about a 600. For seat-of-your-pants feel, they are awesome. At least that is what i have been reading so far...

-Dean

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I have gotten plenty of conflictin reports and am not sure what to think of them really. Waiting to hear from friends that went to the American Snowmobile Shootout. They aren't Yamaha fans though so they are quite biased.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'll tell you what I think of ours. Today we went out race testing. We set-up our RX-1 to hopefully race at Pine Lake next weekend. Well it's a hard sled to get to hook up so we did some mods. How does 124 sound? That's what I saw on the speedo. around 104 in about 100 yards just guessing. This sled is awesome, I love it. It pulls so hard after about 10 feeet you can't believe. It's scary fast on glare ice at 120mph. We have to do some more setup work to get it to turn, lots of ski lift and pushes hard. I think most people will love riding this sled because of the power delivery. It's smooth, but hits like a ton of bricks.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
They have a mountain version of the RX1. There's a video of it somewhere on the web. If you haven't seen it let me know if you want me to find it again.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yep they do have a mountain version, rode one and raced against it in a hill climb with my Pro-X 600 with a 136 x 2" track and wasted it. Was a cool sled, but now wicked fast. We started at the bottom of the hill, drag up about a 200 foot steep slope, not even a contest, then rolling start, same thing. Not to knock the sled as I think it is a nice piece of machinery, but don't call it "wicked fast" it isn't. But it is cool!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Feb 2003 SnowGoer has the RX-1 weighing in at 612lbs - Ouch! 54lbs over listed dry weight.

The URL that Elan posted doesn't say anything about the weight except 4lbs were dropped here and 2.5lbs there

I'm with Razor, I think I'd stay out of the deep stuff, too.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
My buddy beat a stock one with a 2001 MXZ 700 twin, he said it was loosing to 600.

·
Registered
129 Posts
a local shop owner is selling his rx-1 he says it rides nice and pulls hard and has high top speed but the srx700 will blow by it with a few mods

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I've been riding around a fair bit on an RX-1. It's fine on a groomed trail, goes fast. In a drag race, my 600 takes it until around 80 or 90 mph, then it passes me. Going down a rough ditch with it is a nightmare.

Speed is nothing, who cares if you can go a hundred million miles an hour. You can't do that anywhere anyway except for a race track. People worry WAY too much about top end speed. And acceleration wise, a RX-1 is about the same as a heavyweight 600. Won't catch me on a 4-stroke until they can make them light.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i agree polaris man....if i wereent a polaris dude myself....and i were to buy a yamaha i would get a srx 700 viper...i tried one of those out and its a very impressive machine...all i have is a 96 xlt600 with a little clutch work....and i can keep up with most any newer 600 or 700 cept for top speed....but top speed kills!!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
The best any RX1 I've seen was 102 in 1000'. They run them in the 700 triple class. Our F7 ran 109 in the same race. It still comes down to hp per weight... thats physics

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went out early this season with my zr900 and lined it up with the rx-1 in about 1300 feet stock for stock it wasnt even close, i had him by at least 12 sled lenghts at the end over and over again. Although it should be an alright sled as far as lasting a long time.

I pulled about 117mph in 1100 feet.

also stock besides a few gear changes i pulled 124mph on the gun on the lake[:D] I'm liking the sled so far.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.