Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, PolarisPerson, ArcticCat1, and I just got back from Cooke City, Montana at 4am this morning. It was so much fun. We got a lot of good vids for are next movie.

When we got there it just snowed like 2 feet. The trails were kind of bumpy but the last day was perfect!

We also met xtralettucetomatoe580, a member of snowmobilefanatics here. We were rippin it up in this little area and I seen ArcticCat1 stopped by the Rev which was laying on its side. I was wondering what was going on and then PolarisPerson stopped but, I was having way to much fun in the snow so I didn't stop and talk.

By the way xtralettucetomatoe580, you have a frickin sweet rev!

Here are a few pictures...

ArcticCat1
[attachment=54080][attachment=54082]
[attachment=54083][attachment=54084]

PolarisPerson
[attachment=54081][attachment=54085]
[attachment=54086][attachment=54087]

ME
[attachment=54088][attachment=54089]
[attachment=54090][attachment=54091]

Random Pics
[attachment=54092][attachment=54093]
[attachment=54094][attachment=54095]
[attachment=54096]

One bad thing happened up there. I hit a big rock on Round Lake. I started to carve and next thing you know "BANG". I flew off my sled and my head hit the throttle and it went forward. I bent the trailing arm in a v shape. My right ski was shifted backwards at least 6 inches. So, We got back and bought the parts I needed and it cost $200 [V]. We used this guys heated shop so I can change it. It took me 5 hours because the bolts were so tight and they were in small places! but the last two days was fun though! Might go again before it starts to melt.

[attachment=54097]
[attachment=54098]

SO What do you think....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
let ,me be the first to say, wow thats a lot of snow, looks like a lot of fun, too bad the day ended bad,

·
Registered
182 Posts
hey, nice to see you got the pics up, I want to go back so bad, there is nothing like sledding in 3 ft of snow! It was a lot of fun, we definitely have to go back next year or this spring.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
i think it sounds like a hellofa time

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
When I was in the Sinclair gas station, I remember someone saying that they were driving in
4ft of snow! Also, the day after SKS-Rider hit that rock, Me and Polarisperson hit a rock the next day to.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Looks like fun....and i think you need some tunnel supports, looks like lotsa jumpin did a number on your runnin boards!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Originally posted by Arcticsmack
[br]how did that ZR do out there? And do u have any mods done to it.
The ZR 800 did very good up in Cooke City. Yes, I did get stuck a few times but, who doesnt get stuck in the mountains.

For mods, it has a Black Magic pipe, V-Force 3 reeds,
D&D Powerbreather, and a 1 1/4 Predator track.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
looks like fun cant wait to get a little more snow, put my undercarriage back on, get my friends up here and start to make our own amatuer snowmobile video :D

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
When we first got there my sled was screwed up because our local dealership screwed up on something and it was getting no fuel on the right side. So I had to rent a 2007 Yamaha Phazer Mountain Lite 600 and that was one of the worst sleds I have ever drove. The next day I was so happy to drive my 2001 Arctic Cat ZR 800.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Oh yeah, well I put on a whopping 1.5 miles in our fields this morning on 3 inches of snow. [V]

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Originally posted by ArcticCat1
[br]When we first got there my sled was screwed up because our local dealership screwed up on something and it was getting no fuel on the right side. So I had to rent a 2007 Yamaha Phazer Mountain Lite 600 and that was one of the worst sleds I have ever drove. The next day I was so happy to drive my 2001 Arctic Cat ZR 800.
Out of all the mountain sleds you have rode in real powder and such...I'm sure you had a good comparison...

At 15, 80 ponies should be more than enough. I know guys that rode an 800 that...nevermind...

And I do want to get ahold of one of those Phazer Mountain Lite 600's...the phazer is a 500...

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Originally posted by mdmaniac
[br]Looks like fun....and i think you need some tunnel supports, looks like lotsa jumpin did a number on your runnin boards!
His runningboard got bent on that side from hitting the rock. Its straight now. We got a jack and a block underneith the bent runningboard and jumped on it till it was straight and it worked thank god because it looked like crap! But, Its all good now...

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[br]
Originally posted by mdmaniac
[br]Looks like fun....and i think you need some tunnel supports, looks like lotsa jumpin did a number on your runnin boards!
His runningboard got bent on that side from hitting the rock. Its straight now. We got a jack and a block underneith the bent runningboard and jumped on it till it was straight and it worked thank god because it looked like crap! But, Its all good now...
Exactly^^^...I was crappin my pants while we were working on the trailing arm that the running board would not bend back but it did[:D].

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Looks like you guys had fun, I wouldnt mind going to cooke sometime.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Originally posted by ACG
[br]
[br]When we first got there my sled was screwed up because our local dealership screwed up on something and it was getting no fuel on the right side. So I had to rent a 2007 Yamaha Phazer Mountain Lite 600 and that was one of the worst sleds I have ever drove. The next day I was so happy to drive my 2001 Arctic Cat ZR 800.
Out of all the mountain sleds you have rode in real powder and such...I'm sure you had a good comparison...

At 15, 80 ponies should be more than enough. I know guys that rode an 800 that...nevermind...

And I do want to get ahold of one of those Phazer Mountain Lite 600's...the phazer is a 500...
I wasnt comparing it to just powder, I was also comparing it to the trails and the hard packed ground. And, I just didn't like it overall.

The people at the dealership said it was a 600.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
^^^^ Its a 500. From what I here they are one of the funnest sleds to boondock with. I would love to get on one. you dont need 150 hp and a 162 track to boondock. If you know how to ride it I'm sure you would have liked it. Your just to use to your traditional riding sled. I didn't like my IQ the first time I jumped on it ether.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
tuff luck with the rock, but it looked like a cool trip overall.
ArcticCat1 did you have trouble going from something like your 800 to a 500 or did you not like the whole chassie and riding set up?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts