Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a 1996 Polaris xlt for sale only 3 miles away. I just got back from looking at it the sled is in great shape no rust at all. Here's the bad thing it has 12500 miles on her. He wants 500 bucks like I said the sled is in great shape. I was thinking about offering him 300 for it. Do you guys think its worth it?

Part out or sell whole in in the winter.

·
Registered
80 Posts
96 XLT's have a bad reputation for cranks and crank bearings, but if this one has gone 12,500 miles, it must be OK. Unless other parts can wear out in that many miles?
Hard to know if it would be reliable and old parts cost as much as new parts.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
without photos I'd say 300 is about right

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I was looking at the sled the wife showed me it she didn't know much on the sled. I just got off the phone with the husband it has new clutches and a top end he has all the papers. Lowest he will take is 400 sounds like a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
567 Posts
sweet never have to many sleds

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Get us some pics when you get it! Is it the special or just the regular XLT?? You could make that back parting it out as long as the seats got no rips, hoods good, suspentions good, tracks ok, skis. Suspention could go 100-150, skis like 50, hood with everything like a hundred, seat 100-150, and everything else. Should be pretty easy to make the money back, and make a profit.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
part it out. you could easily make $1000 in parts. easily.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
my sleds got 11,200 miles. great shape too. that many miles and looks good, sounds like a solid sled. i doubt you will have much problems with it. sled like that shouldnt be bought just to part it out. not many people let them live that long. its like catching a huge fish. sometime you gotta keep it alive. just my oppinion.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
If it's in that good of shape, keep it and ride the pi$$ out of it.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
If the seat has no rips in it and not faded, looking at $100, clutches are around $50 per clutch, chaincase $35 with gears, head-$35, bottom end could go for $200, yah for $300 should be able to part it out

1 - 20 of 30 Posts