Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Just got back from the UP

812 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  confusedguy 
#1 ·
We headed out Thursday evening and got back early Sunday afternoon. Staying in Calumet, we were able to put on a little over 250 miles in 2 days of riding. Friday there was about 4" of fresh stuff, Saturday 6" - 9", and Sunday about 4".

The trails were really nice on Friday as traffic was minor, and Saturday's continuous snowfall kept the trails in pretty good condition, considering the amount of traffic that's up there.

Nothing broke, and everyone came back alive - a bit sore, but alive; so it must have been a good trip. [:)]

If you're an MN rider and you're headed north-east looking for snow, you gotta go to at least Hurley/Ironwood to find it. Anything closer to the Twin Cities (via Duluth) is just a baron waste land. [:(]

Here's a couple pics of Copper Harbor on Saturday morning. After these pics, I left the camera on which sort of f'd the chance of taken any more pics on this trip.
/snofan/../images/users/jakyll/copper harbor.JPG

/snofan/../images/users/jakyll/Copper Harbor 2.JPG

/snofan/../images/users/jakyll/copper harbor 3.JPG

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, Team Ski-Doo showed up! (I say this cuz of all the skidoos in that 1 pic)

Very impressive. I am very jealous, looks great!

#5 ·
XLT: No, I've got DPM so, in theory, I'm always jetted properly, as long as I maintain a certain temperature window, which stock could be something like, off the top of my head, -20F to 40F. Not re-jetting means I've changed that window to something like -10F to 50F, again, numbers pulled from my a$$, not real numbers. We saw almost 0F on the trip and my plugs always looked fine.

MegaMan: I hate questions like this because they're doubled-edged swords. To say I ran above the law means I condone riding fast and/or reckless and some members will persecute me for such. To say I at 50mph or less all day would be a lie, and others would punish me for that. I’ve driven sleds as long as I can remember and I feel I ride as fast as the conditions allow. Period.

Friday was perfect for riding, VERY little traffic (almost none), VERY clear conditions, as such we rode VERY fast. Saturday was completely different, very poor visibility (just look at the pics), incredible amounts of traffic, so at times even riding at 50MPH was a challenge.

#9 ·
i weep as i look at those pics. cows go march first last race march second maybe go on a trip march third look for a job march tenth. sounds like a good plan to me.lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.