Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Just got my AF-1 Helmet

747 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  pigboy 
#1 ·
Wish I was posting a new sled, oh well, I guess a helmet is better then a sharp stick in the eye.

Some first impressions on the helmet. I take a large helmet and this one fits just fine. A little snug, but it should loosen up a little bit at the cushions mold to my somewhat horse head.

The liner is completly removeable and washable. Retaining straps are adjustable. Shield has nice knob to open but is un-noticable when closed. Shield seems to solidly lock into the various postions between fully open and closed. Comes with the push button relase for the retaining straps.

I got the red one, the finish is top notch for a $150 helmet.

[attachment=51892]

Here's the gizmo that is supposedly guarrentee no fogging. The two do-hickes plug into the side vents 'whisking' away your breath. The piece up by your nose is bendable so that you can form it to your own nose shape, forming a tighter fit.

[attachment=51893]

[attachment=51894]

Come a bag that seems like it'll be really breathable and has a locking drawstring.

[attachment=51896]

I've never really had a bad time with fogging helmets but this one is not supposed to fog, time will tell.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
nice looking helmet, keep us informed on whether it fogs up or not.

#3 ·
Nice helmet. I tried to get one to fog at haydays. I could not get it or my glasses to fog.

I love that red it looks very deep.

#4 ·
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]Nice helmet. I tried to get one to fog at haydays. I could not get it or my glasses to fog.
During a Polaris Info Session here at my college, they said they were at a expo, and offered $100 to anybody that could fog the helmet while in a refrigerated environment. Nobody did it. They then got cocky and offered $1000 to anybody that could fog it. They said one, ONE, person did it, but it was in the most awkward position they had ever seen a person in.

Nice purchase. Hope it works well for you.

#5 ·
They did the $100 deal at haydays.

#6 ·
I've heard about these helmets, tried one on at the Minneapolis show, and have wanted to buy one, but thought I'd wait to hear some testimonials before believing the hype. My new Polaris modular from last year was supposed to be the best thing ever and it sucks. I figure if it's possible to make a helmet that doesn't fog up, they would've figured it out before now, but I still have hope for this AF-1. Looking forward to hearing how it does! Last resort, you can get an electric shield for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.