Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I could be way off on this, however I have found most people on this site are very pro-polaris...I am not saying this is wrong or anything, but come on they could give the other companies a chance. Every sled new or old has flaws not one sled is perfect. I am not by any means critizing anyone. I am just giving my opnion after being on this site for about a month or so. I don't wanna any fights or anything. lol.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe...it might just be that noone around where I live really likes polaris. I am not dissing polaris by any means...I am just saying all sleds have flaws. that's all :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Depends on where you live. I would say maybe one out of ten ride a polaris around here. Rode my sled to the bar last sat. and there were 32 sleds in the lot. Only 3 were polaris. Only one Yamaha the rest were either Ski Doo or Cats. BTW I only had two beers for those about to say something.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya alot of ski-doo around here. Also alot of Yamaha. My friend has a Arctic Cat Wildcat 700...I like it alot...pretty damn fast for a '91. It's in mint condition though. I can't wait till I get my phazer fixed!

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
There are a lot of other brands discussed here. This just may look like we are a lot of Polaris now because of the new releases and such. We support ALL brands and are not going one direction or another.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
There are others who build sleds besides Polaris?

[:D] Just kidding!

Look at it this way, Polaris is the #1 sled builder. They build/sell the most machines is what I mean. This means, they are a majority, so in lots of areas where sleds are discussed over a WIDE area, they will be mentioned often, mostly because there are just more of them around.

Often secluded areas will have more of a certain brand due to dealership location and such. But over Canada and the USA Polaris sells more machines, so when you take a message board for instance, a good chunk of the visitors may ride Polaris.

Also, don't forget some of the visitors here have found this site through my site http://www.geocities.com/polaris-man/ or http://www.polarisfiles.com/ which is a Polaris oriented site, so they are most likely Polaris riders, or someone interested in Polaris.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I would have to say that polaris has the majority in the midwest here, at least the area's I ride. And most of us on the forum are midwestern'ers i think.

I personally know a bit about the polarises (polarii??), but I ride a polaris because the price and performance was right, not because it's a polaris.

-Dean

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I live in Middle River MN, 44 miles form roso and 22 from tr.....its mostly polaris around Middle river (and north) but if you go south its all Artic cat....in tr you feel pretty weird driveing a polaris..

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I find in Canada alot of people ride ski-doo. I saw 2 new ski-doo's tonight at the gas station a rev 800 and a Mxz. There is a polaris dealership about 2mins away from my house (driving) they are pretty nice looking sleds, but if I were to buy a brand new sled I probably wouldn't get one. Not saying they are no good, just my opnion :).

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Just cuz u live close to a dealer doesn't mean you should buy that machine. But convienence does play a good part.

Closest arctic cat dealer to me is 20 miles. Closest Polaris dealer is about 70 miles. Yet I ride polaris. So it doesn't play a massive part in it though.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya I know...i'd actually test new ones out and see what one I felt most comfortable on and what one would handle good for my weight/height/strength. Comfort is a big key too.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Judging but what I've seen on the trails this year I think the "I gotta have the lastest and the greatest" attitude still drives alot of people to purchase a new sled.... I'm amazed at the number of Revs out there, it's like an invation.. although I have seen a fair share of Firecats and a couple RX1s...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Good point on the test ride. The only reason I went with a Cat was the skidoo dealer would not let me take one out for a test ride.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I think like what overs have said. Its all about whats close, and most people see that there neighbor has a certain sled, they like it, then buy from the same company. That makes an are be more pro to a certain brand. I could around here it is almost all skidoo. About 3 weeks ago I went of for a day run and saw minimum 30 brand new revs! And in other areas people make a comment that they just saw one...

I don't think that anyone on here bashs any other brands. But polaris is talked about most. But most sleds are similar and the problems can be linked to any brand...

·
Registered
637 Posts
Originally posted by SledHead
[br]I I went of for a day run and saw minimum 30 brand new revs!
We must have been riding in the same place..! Seems like everytime I go out it's a Rev-a-Thon.. they tend to travel in packs too..

Don't get me wrong i'm not anti-rev or anything it's just an observation..

·
Registered
312 Posts
i had NO clue that Polaris sells more sleds then either Ski-doo or Cat's ,, cause out here and in New Brunswick ,, it's REALLY big on cats and ski-doo ,, learn something everyday i guess

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I find here in Saskatchewan a really good mix of the big 4, but Polaris is definitely in the majority.
I ride an XC with 1 other P, and 3 AC's most of the time.
But have gone with anouther group of guys with 4 Yams.
So I think it also has alot to do with what your buddies ride too....unless you are the non-conformist of the group and want to show up your buddies.
I went Polaris for price and reliablity mostly, but I just love the look of those '99 and '00 black XC's, I know that's shallow, but I don't look good in green...lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.