Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had bought the sled the week before Christmas, but was heading to Mexico and unable to pick it up before I left.

Bought it form the original owner with 2140 miles and always stored inside heated shop and serviced after every ride. Looks like brand new out of the crate under the hood, no oil mess anywhere or leaking fluids. The underneath is the same like it has never been ridden anywhere, but trails.

He had it jetted properly, 121/15/1.5 Intense last year, HID head lights, '04 Pro-XR bars, and put either a Rumblepack or MBRP can on it. He gave me a taller windsheild with it also. He had some clutching done to it as will, but he couldn't remember what was in it for weights.

Now for the paint, his original plan was to get the hood airbrushed like the Grave Digger monster truck, but this is the job the guy did for him instead. Personally I like this one better then the Digger idea. It looks black, but in natural light the paint changes to dark green, purple, and a goldy colour at just the right angle. There are hidden skulls in the flames and in the dark paint that you have to look hard to find as they to need to been seen at just the right angle. In the centre of the hood is a Grim Reaper like figure I wish I had a picture of, but that will have to wait until I get a chance to photograph it with a real camera.

Reason for selling it is he has two Assualts and has no time to ride this one, said he road it once last season.

I am sorry about the crappy pictures, they are form phone and I was in a hurry to get it loaded up and headed back home.
2011141726457_14053.jpg
20111417262526_14053.jpg
201114172641839_14053.jpg

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nice sled should be lots of fun.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Can I ask what you Paid?

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the_hog said:
Ummmm that doesnt look like a 1200 Brendan, looks to be missing a cylinder to me. [;)]
No Tim it isn't a 1200, but it isn't for me to drive. I picked it up for a back up sled and something the girlfriend can drive. The 1200 project is going to get rolling this summer if I can find time after the truck project is done and before the snow flies. I am planning to be at haydays this year and going to be gathering as many of the parts as I can. My biggest concern is getting the crank and crankcase, once I have that I can get most of the engine together and can decide what chassis I want it in.

Right now with used sled prices so high I think I got a decent deal. I paid $4000 Canadian for it. There are similar ones going for $5000 or more with twice the miles in my area that I looked at before I found this one.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I love the prox2's!! I had a chance to get one at the start of last yr and wish I would have done the deal. Nice find. You can beat the tar out of those things all day.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I doubt it will get used very hard, probably going to get mostly trail rode and a little off trail following if I am heading that way on the Fusion.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
driftpounder said:
I am planning to be at haydays this year and going to be gathering as many of the parts as I can. M

You better make it to Haydays, and if you do you better camp with all the SFers. I am not missing this year unless something unforseen happens.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^^^^^Already got a few buddies coming along and the time booked off, so the only thing that will keep me form coming is the same as you an unforseen event.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts