Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm pumped! Picked up my sled yesterday. 2000 SXR 700, 1700 miles. Believe it or not there was enough snow to do a little riding around my place in the Adirondacks! So I fired it up - it was a little sluggish but it loosened up after a few minutes (first run of the season) and definitely runs great!

But I have a question - I didn't notice this on my buying it but the clutch says "Bender Racing" -- pleasant surprise, I think!

I'm dumb with these things - all I know is what the clutch does - but not if that is the secondary clutch / primary clutch, etc. I highlighted the piece. Is this a clutch kit / what does it do for me? Thanks!

If I'm slow to respond after this it's because I'm in Vegas for the week!

/snofan/../images/users/MooseMan/clutch.jpg

2000 SXR 700. Haven't been on it yet and can't wait!

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
That is actually your whole secondary clutch, or driven clutch. When you purchase a clutch kit, you get the parts that go inside the clutch. Like spring and helix for the secondary and weights and spring for the primary.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - I was guessing that was the secondary. Now on the very inside - the housing with the spring has the "Bender Racing" logo on it.

I'm assuming that was put on by the previous owner and definitely not stock. What does it do?

2000 SXR 700 - just got it!

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
It's most likely an aftermarket clutch, Looks like a roller clutch to me, I don't know what comes on Yamaha's stock, someone else should be able to help you out with that.

If stock is a button secondary, and you got a roller one now, you will have better upshift and backshift, increasing torque. It will make it more "jumpy"

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Yamahas don';t come with roller secondary's stock. I don't think that is a roller though. Prolly just a helix and springs. I know my dad's sled with the new clutching is wierd. It upshifts so hard you think you hit something. Like the first time I took it out I cracked it and I left off cause i thought I ran over a rock. I looked back and there was nothing. Racing it for the first time tomorrow. Oh and on a Yamaha Clutch the "housing with the spring" is the helix so its not an entire clutch.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I believe sled_dog has hit the nail on the head with this one. I believe the "bender racing" he is describing is stamped on the Helix and the Helix alone. So i would agree that it has a clutch kit installed, helix, springs, and possibly clutch weights.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Hey, even I can be wrong every now and then.

Ask me a Polaris question

Ride the Best!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts