Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I dare say it? Me and my dad lately have been talking about switching to...........Cat[:0]lol but yeah me and my dad are seriously considering switching to arctic cat. i used to be a cat man then switched to polaris but now im in love with both of them. so i was wondering, should i stay with polaris and just upgrade to the iqr or should i switch to cat and buy the sno pro or just an f5 or f7? im not looking to start any fights i just wanna hear other peoples reply to my crazy idea! so just tell me what you think. btw im still in love with polaris! i like both poo and cat.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Polarisfreeeek said:
Do I dare say it? Me and my dad lately have been talking about switching to...........Cat[:0]lol but yeah me and my dad are seriously considering switching to arctic cat. i used to be a cat man then switched to polaris but now im in love with both of them. so i was wondering, should i stay with polaris and just upgrade to the iqr or should i switch to cat and buy the sno pro or just an f5 or f7? im not looking to start any fights i just wanna hear other peoples reply to my crazy idea! so just tell me what you think. btw im still in love with polaris! i like both poo and cat.
id switch to cat and get either a 05-07 M series, or any of the crossfires, unless you only ride trails than go with the F series.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
[36pt]TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!![/36pt][/color=red]

ouch!!! that hurt! but hey i never said we were switchin! i just said we were thinkin bout it! i still think id rather have the iqr but my dad said he's buyin a cat next so then i guess i will get to compare and see which one i like better and go from there.....

i do a lil trail riding and mostly ditch bangin/lake racin/jumpin. idk agressive riding but i live on the flatlands so i dont need an m series thats for sure. i could get a crossfire but i think id get the firecat or sno pro racer first.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Does it really matter what WE think? Your going to do, what your going to do, regardless what we think, but I'll give ya my .02 I've had cats now I have Polaris' not much more to say. Good Luck on what ever you decide.[thumb]

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Personally, I find brand preference stupid. Find a list of sleds that meet your needs, and find the pros/cons of each...go from there.

As far as the race chassis go, I have quite a bit of seat time on my 06 SnoPro (700efi) as well as a bit on a 06 IQr (600HO). While they look drastically different, I liked the feel of both rides, and could jump between both of them after a short while. They are both very proven chassis in the race world, and will both take alot of abuse. The one downside of the SnoPro (and Firecats) is the 13.5" wide track. They make for trenching machines, and also limited track selections.

IMO, you can't go wrong with either one of them though.

And if you're contemplating IQr's and SnoPro's, I wouldn't bother looking at Firecats (unless you get a killer deal on one of course). They are not rider forward, and as I say time and time again, once you ride a rider forward you will not want to go back.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
true when i sat on the f5 and the f7 they sat kinda weird. yeah i know, after owning the pro x racer, i really never wanna go to anything but a race chassis period.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
It's your money, gotta man up and do what you really want with it, no one is supposed to tell you how to spend it unless you really are a puzzy=whipped guy that follows the sheep. Sorry but true, way too much of that going on in any forum!!!
If I were to buy Cat I'd go with the Crossfire 141" but that's just me, and most likely the 600, an 800 would be nice too. It all comes down to pricing and how much money one has.
I want an IQr, and looking at a couple of them so see what happens. Gotta sell my Summit first though.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MNSLEDNECK56308 said:
Go to cat that is fine. Then drop your pro x off in my garage, I'm only couple from you! I will even give you $500 for it!
smartalex lol. yeah i know its up to me and i am gonna buy whatever i wanna buy i was just kind of looking at everybody's opinions on how the cats are. but im just gonna talk my dad into buying one[:)] then i can compare sleds and then ill go from there. but im in love with my pro x. and i freakin want that iqr so bad!

well does anybody have any 03-07 sno pro racers for sale?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Why does your dad want to switch to cat so badly?

The new sleds look like obese mice, except the crossfires. And they are going to start making their own engines which means a lot of experience to build.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Polarisfreeeek said:
I trust that was a typo. You want a 04-07 SnoPro. I'd watch the Cat Race/440 classifieds on HCS...not many people here have them.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quinlan said:
Polarisfreeeek said:
I trust that was a typo. You want a 04-07 SnoPro. I'd watch the Cat Race/440 classifieds on HCS...not many people here have them.
yes sorry i did mean 04-07. ok thanks ill check over there.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how about this? http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/rvs/1969552963.html

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
I'd stay away from the 02-03 SnoPro 440's just for the fact that they are a slightly glorified Firecat chassis.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Cat builds a reliable sled. I prefer a cat over a poo. Not about brand preference, about a good product. Although I am guilty of brand prefference I would move to another brand if I honelsty thought Skidoos reliability/quality went in the toilet.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quinlan said:
I'd stay away from the 02-03 SnoPro 440's just for the fact that they are a slightly glorified Firecat chassis.
ok thats all i wanted to know, thanks much![thumb] well the search for a nice 04-07 sno pro racer is on!(that's for my dad) i have to ride the pro x this year at least for half of winter til i can afford something else then ill either get and iqr or if i like dad's cat, ill get a cat. otherwise screw it and ride the pro x all winter!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts