Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was just wondering if in snocross, when you win, do you win stuff like money or is it just a title thing? Money is not important to me but I was just wondering. Because I cant find anything online talking about it.....

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone????

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
not sure what the rules are everywhere but when i was racing RMR snocross, the only classes eligible for ANY money were semi-pro and pro. they were eligible for cash prize money and contingency money. i think they had one race a year where certain other classes were eligible for a prize but you would have to run against semi-pro guys.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah RMR is the snocross place where I am going to race for.....

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
RMR is now ECS. Read the whole rule book and it talks about payment and everything. One thing I thought was funny was it said something along the lines of, if your snowmobile becomes disabled, the rider and rider alone may pull the sled across the finish line and still receive points for the race. Lots of detail. Something like 80 pages. You may also want to read the ISR handhook.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
sledcrusher said:
RMR is now ECS. Read the whole rule book and it talks about payment and everything. One thing I thought was funny was it said something along the lines of, if your snowmobile becomes disabled, the rider and rider alone may pull the sled across the finish line and still receive points for the race. Lots of detail. Something like 80 pages. You may also want to read the ISR handhook.
oh crap my sled broke..... ill just push it 3 more laps!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
MuscleD said:
sledcrusher said:
oh crap my sled broke..... ill just push it 3 more laps!
If it was close to it, I would force sleds to slam into mine ahead of theirs so I place AND look like an a-hole.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Your planning on racing before you even have a sled? Winter is comin bro..

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Of course there is a purse paid out for the pros and semi pros and also endorsement pay outs that may be available at each event. Sport classes you would just get a trophy and maybe some prizes from race sponsors.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Check with dealerships...
If you're on a brand new sled there may be contingency money from the manufacturer

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
04sabercat said:
then unless you are semi-pro or pro there is no money to be won. sponsors will give you discounts on parts and gear. they won't give you money unless you're a top national rider with a contract. there is no money in racing. even the semi-pro and pro guys in what used to be RMR and is now ECS, are spending more than they are making. "pro" in regional racing doesn't mean "pro" as in making their living that way, it's just a level of competition.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Customized89Trail said:
04sabercat said:
then unless you are semi-pro or pro there is no money to be won. sponsors will give you discounts on parts and gear. they won't give you money unless you're a top national rider with a contract. there is no money in racing. even the semi-pro and pro guys in what used to be RMR and is now ECS, are spending more than they are making. "pro" in regional racing doesn't mean "pro" as in making their living that way, it's just a level of competition.
Yup, a weekend of racing, if you really add it all up, can cost over $600!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts