Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

i have read around here and seen the comments about putting the smaller k&N filters on the carburetors instead of the airbox. Does it give you more power or what? I dont really understand the reasoning behind it all. besides better airflow. But on the other hand i would think you would suck in more warm air.

Any tips or help would be nice[thumb]

·
Registered
645 Posts
it wil make less power,

for your xcr removing the foam from the airbox gives a litle more HP and moore noise :=)

venting the carbs to the airbox makes jetting more consistent :)

and paper filters and moisture is a bad combo. i tried them on dirtbikes, they are crap in rain...

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Alot of people running K&N style filters, are the mod or custom build guys. When fitting a larger motor into some chassis, a stock airbox will not fit anymore. The easiest and sometimes only option is to run K&N style filters. On a stock sled, they do not make much sense to use, IMO. They usually suck warmer air, and can rob power because of it.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Quinlan said:
Alot of people running K&N style filters, are the mod or custom build guys. When fitting a larger motor into some chassis, a stock airbox will not fit anymore. The easiest and sometimes only option is to run K&N style filters. On a stock sled, they do not make much sense to use, IMO. They usually suck warmer air, and can rob power because of it.
I agree with Quinlan. WL

·
Registered
1 Posts
white lightning said:
Quinlan said:
I agree with Quinlan. WL

me 3 agreed ;)Quinlan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts