Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a guy thats trying to sell me what he says is a 440 Kaw. snowmobile motor but I can't find any info on these. Is there such a thing? I'm going to put it in a small buggy. Any info is appriciated. Thanks, Bruce

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
sure is. Kawasaki made snowmobiles till about 82 I believe. I owned a 440 Kawasaki Invader '79. We put a Kawasaki 340 engine in it because the 440 was siezed. We got it from my Uncle and he didn't treat it too well.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
sled dog is correct, kaw. made sled for a bit, not sure from when to when, i had a friend that had one, only thing he ever encountered was the track came apart, and he couldnt find a replacement, but if all your getting is the motor, im sure you should be able to find parts, just in case.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Parts for Kawasaki sleds are hard to come by. The Mfg. does'nt support the parts line anymore. Kaw. cylinders are notorious for flaking and chipping. Unless it's a great price , stay away from kawasaki sleds. I did'nt and they costed me alot of cash. Am I bitter .....Damn straight.

Spaceman
Mean Green Racing
Elyria, Ohio

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks you guys! I'm in so Cal. and I have to question why some one down here has snowmobile parts, although they are around. He wants $400, carbs to clutch, but I think I'll pass. This buggy will be used in the deserts and Glamis and I don't want to start with something that's obsulete. Check out our winter sports at glamisdunes.com Thanks again, I knew I found the right place! Bruce

1 - 5 of 5 Posts