Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Classic Polaris indy 700. keepes blowing only the low beam with high beam still working. New bulb lasted about 5-6 rides.

Now it blew the bulb twice killing low and high beam. When I now put in a new bulb only the low beam works. High beam indicator on dash comes on but no high beam. Blows entire bulb after 5-6 rides.

:(Wiring? Voltage reg? Ground? ideas to troubleshoot needed please.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I would start by tracking the wires off the hood I've seen pipes melt them grounding them out... next I would change the voltage reg.

·
Registered
378 Posts
^^^X2 on the voltage regulator.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had my ground come loose at the regulator on my indy an would blow the bulbs in no time.

·
Registered
378 Posts
dtbprc, Did you fix the issue or was it something else?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
right now putting on entire right side suspension after hitting tree on NY trip. :-( voltage reg check soon

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
got new volt reg and redid all grounding- it was a hodgepodge of 3 devices piggybacked to each other on one ground. I removed all paint and new screws to make the grounding plate much better. no issues yet.

1,792 Posts
got new volt reg and redid all grounding- it was a hodgepodge of 3 devices piggybacked to each other on one ground. I removed all paint and new screws to make the grounding plate much better. no issues yet.
And if that doesn't work, put an LED bulb in it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts