Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If we decide to grass drag my 73 tx 440 free air this year my big concern is how do you keep the engine cool and not cooking a engine because it gets too hot? I have been to a grass drag once and pay much attention to what they were doing and also how long a run is it? And do they run vintage sleds still?

·
Registered
6 Posts
for my cobra, i usually just take out the light, or grill, and just do things for better cooling. I usually just run the 350 foot track. If you had a liquid, it would be easier to cool, with a cooler and basiclly a cooling pond. but mine has shrouds that can channel the air from the fan on the flywheel around each cylinder, and through the cooling fins, and out the top. My friends and I all run the vintage class, its usually alot cheaper than new sleds. around here in MN its $5 to run all day (vintage) or $5 for three runs (new). All our sleds were fine, and didn't over heat, except for our 78 ss340, that got like 53, then 48, then it went like 20. That was the day for that one, but the cobra ran hard and strong all day.

·
Registered
506 Posts
get a leaf blower, and just blow air over the engine after your runs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts