Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a bunch of jets and gaskets from a fellow polaris rider that upgraded and no longer needed the keihin stuff. Included in the kit was a set of needles. I have been trying to figure out if they will help the gurgle and bog problem that the 98 (and other) xc 700's have.

The needles that I have are Keihin CGL. I have asked a number of sources to tell me if this is as close to the 1370G's that have been recommended to fix these problems.

I have, I believe deciphered that the "C" is = to 13; the "L" is = to 70 but it is the "G" that worries me. From a chart that I found I think the "G" is close to the L1 that I want I may have to ride with it in the #5 clip position.

Does anyo one have any insight that may clear this up for me?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Just wanted to give a "hey now", and "welcome".
Is that Sask as in Saskatchewan?

If Madcow or TriumphoverU are around they can help,
Erick also has a 700 XC, and he might have some input.
Lot's of knowledge here.

·
Registered
363 Posts
What temp and riding altitude you riding @? I have a 98 XC 700, thought it was carbs, check the clutch springs for tension. When does it bog? let me know, I have a service manual for this sled, one more thing, ever look @ the ignition coil and notice where it was made? In Italy by the Ducati Motorcycle company, The 98 is the fastest 700 Polaris made for the indy generation.

·
Registered
777 Posts
R1371G is what you want,leaner then your 1368g i think you have,some don,t like them,i do, but a boost bottle helps with the stumble,also factory jetting is to rich,i ran 185 190 if i recall[been a while since stock]with a tempa flow,so you could go leaner yet.and power pacs helped a lot with throtttle response, this is at 700ft,and as cold as H?ll
look at your clyinder casting #if it ends in 220, those were super fast,824 are your run of the mill cly up to 01

·
Registered
128 Posts
all of my buddies here in alberta with that same problem fixed it with boost bottles like xc said. one other thing some of those bottles are kinda crapy so choose good ones so you dont have em break on you out in the boonies. temperature sensing varifloes are a good idea too![:D]

·
Registered
777 Posts
i should ad ,the slp bowtie bottle ,is the best,,IMO,

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
in 98 when they came out with the sled there should have been an update with new needles,, you say the sled has a bog, does it bog when coming out of a corner, like it hesitates for a second then a pop or bang and then she goes just fine, or do you have to pump the handle to get it to rev up. if it is poping then it is lean if you have to pump the handle and ride it hard to get it to run clean then it is rich.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To answer a few of the questions, I am from Saskatchewan and the bog is on the bottom end. My main concern is the gurgle that I have while riding at about 5000 in trails. I was told that a 1370g would fix the problem (1371g might work but may be too lean).

My question is will the CGL needle that I have work.

I have, I believe deciphered that the "C" is = to 13; the "L" is = to 70 but it is the "G" that worries me. From a chart that I found I think the "G" is close to the L1 that I want I may have to ride with it in the #5 clip position.

Does anyone have specific knowledge on keihin carb needles?

Thanks for all of the replies so far[:)]

·
Registered
777 Posts
call here,there in sask.
http://www.link.ca/rsr/
i bought some needles here,they should be able to help you.

the 1371g is the dealer update for 00 700.you can those on a stock sled with no worries.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Holy hardcore....
This guy is really jones'n for needle info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts