Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i have a 97 xlt limited it gust started to not work.i unplugged a few wires and moved them and then plugged them in again so they are all plugged to the right plug-ins.but now my kill switch doesn't work but the key does what is the problem???

please help me

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
That happend on my uncles sled. Turned out that some wires my the engine were touching it and gor fryed. Quick fix. check that out ?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The contacts in the kill switch *could* be worn out and it needs to be replaced. Or it could be that you either have a wire that is grounding out, or a wire that is broken.

Does it start/run regardless of the position of the switch?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I know on my sled there is a wire that plugs in, down in the engine. It is a black with a white stripe near the carbs. If the male and female ends are not connected the sled will run with the kill switch engaged. Check the wires again.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
im not sure if your still needign help but the same thing happened to my neighbors indy 440 we took off the cover and made sure every wire was connected.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Originally posted by mortizzle
[br]If it worked fine before you you played with the wires and it doesn't work now, it's something in the wires.

Check again.
I agree with him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.