Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I raced my bros 97 polaris ultra 680 with the std .75 track and it has reeds and been geared down a tooth aginst my 99 polaris rmk 700 "stock" with a 2 inch paddle and we were on sticky snow about 4-5 inches deep and when we took off I smoked him up to 40 then he passed my like I was standing still..The ultra is rated at 105hp and my rmk 118hp I cant figure out how he can pass me so fast???Does the paddle take that much topend HP away??

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
that paddle track and being a longtrack, slows you down quite a bit on the top end.... At least 10mph each for the paddles and the longtrack, from what a shortracker would do with your HP. So, if a shortrack with 118HP did 115, you'd do 95 max with a longtrack paddle.

-Dean

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
i had a 97 spx 680 with dynoport pipes reeds air filter and a few other mods and that was rated at 148 hp with all the mods that thing was quick from 30mph to over 100mph its a very heavy sled thats why you take it on the line but top end it smokes my 03 sks 700 not like im sitting still but it does..

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
i dont know exactly what mine was but it wasnt to good probably like 5 or 6 mpg,and the tripple pipes made it over heat all the time..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts