Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[8D] Wow, I have to say they really do process really fast! what happened was.. I ordered less then 4 hours ago via online and then after doing researches for spark plugs for my sled its somewhat questionable so I called and the lady said it has been shipped out so I was like wow that was wicked fast, so my new helmet, electric sheilds, iridium plugs are on the way! I had wanted to take the plugs out cuz I wasnt 100% sure on it, well I will find out how they fare for my sled! [:)]

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
yeah they are fast i ordered a belt from them at like 2am and it was shipped at 6:23 am i didnt know the stuff shipped that fast

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Fast shipping, I usually get my stuff in 2 days.

Usually they have a thing on the page that says if you order in so many hr it will ship today.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I ordered a new windshield for the ol ladies XLT last year and we had it in 2 days!! Good service in my book.

·
Registered
690 Posts
yea they are really good and if you spend over $100 you get free shipping, i ordered a snowmobile suit and jacket and goggles last month on a wednesday and i got them on friday and last night i bought another helmet and another pair of gloves hopefully they are here by friday but i doubt it because i ordered them at 11:00 at night so they prolly didnt get shipped out till today.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Denniskirk.com is the bomb. I've been ordering from there for a few years and I always get the order the next day. Like polaris09 said orders over 100 bucks shippings free!! Prices are better than I can get anywhere else.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
their site used to be pretty slow, but they have fixed that now and i have no problems at all. i have order quite a bit of stuff and every order was promptly processed and shipped.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
dennis kirk is fast about shipping and prices are decent. but i have tried sled-parts.com a few times now and like them better.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i tried dennskirk and im not sure if it was because i am in canada but its took them more then a month to get the parts to me. i also ordered iridium plugs for my indy and well they melted a hole right through the piston and screwed me over until i get the money to fix it since i enlarged my loan

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
unless you ordered the wrong heat range spark plugs, iridium or not makes no difference and will not melt a hole in the piston.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by nathanw24
[br]i tried dennskirk and im not sure if it was because i am in canada but its took them more then a month to get the parts to me. i also ordered iridium plugs for my indy and well they melted a hole right through the piston and screwed me over until i get the money to fix it since i enlarged my loan
Were the parts back ordered, No plug will burn a hole through the piston if it is the right heat range specified by the manu. Unless you screwed up by setting the carb up too lean.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I got my helemt from them and I thought that the price was great. It took about 5 days to get to the house but worth the wait. I thikn that there selection was good too, they also sent me a free sticker that I put on my hard hat.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]
Originally posted by nathanw24
[br]i tried dennskirk and im not sure if it was because i am in canada but its took them more then a month to get the parts to me. i also ordered iridium plugs for my indy and well they melted a hole right through the piston and screwed me over until i get the money to fix it since i enlarged my loan
Were the parts back ordered, No plug will burn a hole through the piston if it is the right heat range specified by the manu. Unless you screwed up by setting the carb up too lean.
ya we are jsut guessing right now that it was the plug but i check the plugs the day of that ride and they wre nice brown and everything was allg od did a complete look around of the sled and everything was great becasue it was sposed to be a 2 day ride[:(!]
so were still not sure what happeneed and i dont have the money to fixit so its jsut weight in the back of my truck

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Dennis Kirk is nice because you get your stuff fast, but their prices are waaaaay high. Id rathar drive to the dealer and order through Parts Unlimited.
Someday, when you have a problem with your sled or want a sweet deal on a new sled, you will wish you had a good relationship with your local dealer.
They usually treat their loyal customers better than some Joe Nobody who just walked in off the street.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I disagree with you to a point Octane. I agree with you that Dennis Kirk is overpriced. I know of a few others that are just as fast shipping but cheaper prices. What I do disagree with you is about getting parts at your dealer and considering that loyalty. Most dealers dont care if you get little parts here and there from them, hell dealers will more than like tell if you dont need it right away to get it from an aftermarket catalog because it will be cheaper. Parts dont make dealers much money, its the new sleds/atv/motorcycles etc. and service dept that does. So most dealer wont hold it against a good customer if they get there parts from a parts catalog.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I ordered some parts for my old Kawasaki KE 100 from dennis kirk way back when, and it took a very very long time to get my parts. I think I was waiting for about 2 months [xx(] I have never ordered anything from them since. I get all my sled parts from www.hiperf.com and all my wheeler parts from www.bikebandit.com. I have had VERY good luck with HiPerf, and I would recomend them to anyone. Maybe dennis kirk is better now, I dont know, the only use I have for them is ordering thier free catalog just for something to look at!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Dennis kirk will beat any advertised price by $1.00. So I don't know why you say they are overpriced. As for a dealer not making much money on parts, Thats a big fat crock of sh!t. Parts account for almost half the profit at some dealers. At least the dealerships I've worked at.

Has anyone ever been to the dennis kirk scratch and dent store? I'm like a kid in a candy store. I buy crap I don't even need just because it's such a good deal.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts