Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to lake vermillion this saturday. heard trout lake portage is opened up already. anyone else goin?

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Rode Lake Vermillion last year, very beautiful. It is quit a big lake too.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
blacktar08 said:
going to lake vermillion this saturday. heard trout lake portage is opened up already. anyone else goin?
Myself and three other were up there this past Saturday (seeing if I could hook up with Stormy)lots of snow to keep em cooled down and the zoo crew is already starting at the water skips. I'm sure after this week and the steady stream of sleds it'll open up even more. Always a good time at the portage.[thumb]

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this will be my first time up there. always try to get there but something always comes up or the sled breaks down the day before

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
i was up there last weekend. portage is open. sleding was great up there. every time i tryed to call you willy i couldent get ahold of you. oh well i might be going back up next weekend. we should try to hook up again.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good day at the portage. the 650 skipped really well except for when i got cut off and sprayed with water and sunk it.

·
Registered
863 Posts
blacktar08 said:
good day at the portage. the 650 skipped really well except for when i got cut off and sprayed with water and sunk it.
hehehehe oh well, seams like you had fun none the less

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
haha i dont have to go up to vermilion to skip i have a small lake in my front yard lol had alot of fun with that today.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice! We r goin back this weekend again. Seat is comin off this time tho and the hood vents r gettin taped up too

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I might be up there. i will know later in the week. may be we can meet up? who knows.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I am going to try to make a gas tank for water skipping so i dont have to get my seat wet when i sink. i cant afford to just buy a seperated one and i dont feel like pulling out the staples on my seat. im going to make a tank out of a gas can and find a wat to secure it to the sled.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah. I think I have mine figured out but won't know till later tonight if it's gonna work or not. When I put the seat and tank of my 500 onto the 650 tunnel I had to remove a bracket that would hold the original tank on but the 500 tank is different. I'm thinking the tank on my 91 400 chassis has the bracket on it. I hope anyway otherwise I gotta figure something else out

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Checked out the other seat and tank but they are connected so I'm just gonna run a ratchet strap over my other gas tank to hole er down. Gonna be a fun day saturday at the portage. Even talked the wife into comin with so hopefully I'll have some pics and videos to post

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I dont think i will be able to make it up there sadly... I want to go so bad but we are 4 hours away and my dad doesent want to drive up there. i cant waite until i get a car...

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I LOVE the videos every year! the lake vermillion crew are for one a huge group and two some are a little crazy lol. my favourite sled/person is a guy with a 2005 Polaris XcSp (white/red) and hes got low windshield and c&a's on it. he has a cool sled and he rides it good!

the 2010 vids on youtube yet?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
nah no 2010 vids yet here is my fovorites tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOnpvYl8VeY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5d5EXYB5Pw

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One of my buddies was there last weekend with his yami fourstroke. Went pretty good across the water too. That's sucks you make it up there. I'll hopefully get some good videos and get them posted right away.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts