Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I bought another track after my debacle with the one clipped every third. I bought it from the dealer up the road.

See link if you are interested in my other Ripsaw... It's going for $285 + Shipping.

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56644

Here's the progress so far on my track and driver replacement. Tomorrow I'll be taking the driveshaft in for the dealer to press the drivers on and off.

[attachment=49074] [attachment=49078]
[attachment=49080] [attachment=49082]
[attachment=49084] [attachment=49085]

Any comments?

Also any other last minute projects?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Ya I have a BIG last minute project. First off I need to sell my sled to buy the one I put a downpayment on, then I need to get enough money to buy a whole new topend for it, put it on, then I'll be ready for snow. But I think I'm gonna be missing a few of the first rides this season before I get that together.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Correct. I wanted a ripsaw or a hacksaw. I plan on having traction this year! [:D]

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Nice work so far. That really bites when you buy something and it dont work. I still dont know where I am at with the pipes for my project. Good luck with everything.

Im surprised you havent stuffed and extra ten in the back of that yet.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eh, the xtra 10 is a year out! I chose the 1.25 for no particular reason.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I was just wondering about the 1.25" because I am a big fan of a 1.5" because it is such a versatile track. Very good on and off trail. My 650 is probably getting a front and rear extra-10 this year. I have a line on a good deal on a extra-10 out of a 00 600XCSP and found a good deal on an XLT/Ultra front extra-10. Next year it will probably be getting a 136"x15"x1.5" thats if she holds together this winter.

Good luck with the track upgrade, by the looks of it you should have it done today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually no, I have to get the drivers pressed on and off unless I can come up with something here. I'm thinking two bar stocks running behind the drivers and a few bolts hooked up with another bar stock along with a threaded shaft for it to push on the shaft.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, well my dealer is not as gracious. But they will likely get my business.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.