Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well going for what is probobly my last ride of a short season tommorrow. Riding in district 5 in ontario this year has been the worst season yet. Gunna go from I hope Parkhill to Exeter or Bayfield. The temp today is plus 2 and tommorrow they are calling for plus 3! Well lets hope for a better season next year and get the bike ready for the summer.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,878 Posts
Unfortunately, I may only get another ride or two in for finish it off. Temps have been 30-35 degrees for a good week now and the trails are going to crap fast.(not like we had a lot to begin with) Went out last weekend and saw way too much dirt. Dirt and rocks are no fun!!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
i went for my last ride today i think. temps have been in the upper 30's. i might go for a short burn tomarow but if we dont get anymore snow im done for the year.[bncry][eekers][NeedSnow][sad][triste]
at least i can look foward to dirtbikeing this summer...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,324 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:
i went for my last ride today i think. temps have been in the upper 30's. i might go for a short burn tomarow but if we dont get anymore snow im done for the year.[bncry][eekers][NeedSnow][sad][triste]
at least i can look foward to dirtbikeing this summer...

It's in the upper 30's there? We haven't gotten above 25 degrees. We still have lots of snow. It isn't fresh and soft anymore, but if you get out of the windblown areas, it's still carveable.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
Come on you guys, giving up so soon? Seems like we all get a dumping or two in MARCH.

Edit: ^^^^^ Now thats the spirt Rubi!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,324 Posts
ultrawillie said:
Come on you guys, giving up so soon? Seems like we all get a dumping or two in MARCH.

Edit: ^^^^^ Now thats the spirt Rubi!
Everybody always gives up way too soon. We get some of our biggest snowstorms in March. It's far from over.

This was on April 26th a couple years ago:

Snow Motor vehicle Winter Winter storm Vehicle
Sports Snowmobile Vehicle Extreme sport Recreation
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
edit.... i forgot. i will be at the waterskipps on lake vermilion around march 20th? so that might be my last ride. the ditches are terriable here. its all ice and in alot of places.. grass. i have no car so i cant travel to go to the good snow so im stuck here.... unless someone wants to come and pick me up and bring me to the good snow[thumb]

just looked up the farmers almanac and here is what it says for my area... hope they are right[:p]


FEBRUARY 2010: temperature 9° (0.5° above avg. east, 5° below west); precipitation 2" (1" above avg.); Feb 1-5: Snowy periods, cold; Feb 6-9: Snow showers, cold; Feb 10-13: Flurries, mild; Feb 14-21: Sunny; cold, then mild; [highlight=red]Feb 22-24: Snowstorm[/highlight=red], then sunny, cold; Feb 25-28: Flurries, mild.

MARCH 2010: temperature 16° (11° below avg.); precipitation 1" (2" below avg. east, 1" above west); Mar 1-8: Snow showers, cold; [highlight=red]Mar 9-19: Snowstorm, [/highlight=red]then sunny, cold; [highlight=red]Mar 20-23: Snowstorm,[/highlight=red] then sunny, cold; Mar 24-31: Occasional rain and snow, milder.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Just got home from riding. Our snow is pretty great in Iowa right now. Supposed to get another 4-8 tomorrow. Think snow! Ill go ride tomorrow for you guys with no snow.[thumb]
 

· Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:
edit.... i forgot. i will be at the waterskipps on lake vermilion around march 20th? so that might be my last ride. the ditches are terriable here. its all ice and in alot of places.. grass. i have no car so i cant travel to go to the good snow so im stuck here.... unless someone wants to come and pick me up and bring me to the good snow[thumb]

just looked up the farmers almanac and here is what it says for my area... hope they are right[:p]


FEBRUARY 2010: temperature 9° (0.5° above avg. east, 5° below west); precipitation 2" (1" above avg.); Feb 1-5: Snowy periods, cold; Feb 6-9: Snow showers, cold; Feb 10-13: Flurries, mild; Feb 14-21: Sunny; cold, then mild; [highlight=red]Feb 22-24: Snowstorm[/highlight=red], then sunny, cold; Feb 25-28: Flurries, mild.

MARCH 2010: temperature 16° (11° below avg.); precipitation 1" (2" below avg. east, 1" above west); Mar 1-8: Snow showers, cold; [highlight=red]Mar 9-19: Snowstorm, [/highlight=red]then sunny, cold; [highlight=red]Mar 20-23: Snowstorm,[/highlight=red] then sunny, cold; Mar 24-31: Occasional rain and snow, milder.
Be careful with the Almanac. They put everything in those big zones and it's entirely possible that it'll snow storm in part of the region and not another. Farmer's Almanac called this next snowstorm, but they called it for the entire great lakes region and it's only going to hit northern IL hard. This is the second snowstorm they seem to have called somewhat accurately. John Dee is calling for 4-8 in northern IL. Farmer's almanac is calling for a rainy march, and Old Farmers is calling for a snowy march for us in the great lakes region. We'll just have to see but I don't plan on giving up hope yet, specially if you can make it out during the week right after it snows.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:
edit.... i forgot. i will be at the waterskipps on lake vermilion around march 20th? so that might be my last ride. the ditches are terriable here. its all ice and in alot of places.. grass. i have no car so i cant travel to go to the good snow so im stuck here.... unless someone wants to come and pick me up and bring me to the good snow[thumb]

just looked up the farmers almanac and here is what it says for my area... hope they are right[:p]


FEBRUARY 2010: temperature 9° (0.5° above avg. east, 5° below west); precipitation 2" (1" above avg.); Feb 1-5: Snowy periods, cold; Feb 6-9: Snow showers, cold; Feb 10-13: Flurries, mild; Feb 14-21: Sunny; cold, then mild; [highlight=red][highlight=blue]Feb 22-24: Snowstorm[/highlight=blue][/highlight=red], then sunny, cold; Feb 25-28: Flurries, mild.

MARCH 2010: temperature 16° (11° below avg.); precipitation 1" (2" below avg. east, 1" above west); Mar 1-8: Snow showers, cold; [highlight=red]Mar 9-19: Snowstorm, [/highlight=red]then sunny, cold; [highlight=red]Mar 20-23: Snowstorm,[/highlight=red] then sunny, cold; Mar 24-31: Occasional rain and snow, milder.

I hope there is a snowstorm on the 22-24 that will denfinatley be my birthday wish!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,226 Posts
Yep me and my indy we had the last powder ride on Wednesday, and Thursday, that is the last time that we will get to boondock together. Reason is that I already have about $1400 saved up for something better. I can still go field riding/some trails because we have some snow but We had our last boondock session together. I will say one thing, I am going to miss her when she goes to another faimily. I hope that she will be able to go someplace were she can boondock and climp hills everyday for the rest of her life.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
Mad-Boondocker said:
Yep me and my indy we had the last powder ride on Wednesday, and Thursday, that is the last time that we will get to boondock together. Reason is that I already have about $1400 saved up for something better. I can still go field riding/some trails because we have some snow but We had our last boondock session together. I will say one thing, I am going to miss her when she goes to another faimily. [highlight=red]I hope that she will be able to go someplace were she can boondock and climp hills everyday for the rest of her life. [/highlight=red]
that place will be the big snowmobile race in the sky, where she can eat skidoos for breakfast lunch and dinner, where the snow is always deep, and the hills steep. you dont want her to go there yet but sadly soon will be her time.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top