Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pictures of March 31 2009 and March 31 2010. Want a difference a year makes.
20103317577778_274.jpg
20103317585352_274.jpg
201033175941645_274.jpg
20103318042799_274.jpg


20103318559627_274.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,943 Posts
Great comparison pictures! It's crazy how much different this spring is than last spring!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,212 Posts
It sucks.....But just drove buy the local college.....Chicks were out in bikinis sunning

Take the good with the bad I guess
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,458 Posts
Wow, thats nuts.

Two years ago I rode the last weekend in March. Right now its been a month since Ive been on my sled.[:(] Def a bad year, I only got out 4 times and rode about 400 mi.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,095 Posts
Awesome year so far! Flood water is already on it's way down!

I'm hoping to start seeding around April 25 this year. Last year we didn't touch the field until around May 20th. I have pictures of me planting the first field of corn on May 23. We didn't seed any wheat last year until June. Which meant we didn't combine anything until September.

From first week in March on, the snow can melt. This year is gonna be good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would put money on it the ice will be out on our lake before the end of the day 3/31/10
Riley
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,983 Posts
I have to admit we've had a weird winter in Maine as well. But, we're still able to ride offtrail.

This past weekend. 3/27 and 3/28 West Forks, Maine.

Riding to the Quebec Border.
201033113728754_1967.jpg

Exploring a fire tower. Over 2,600-ft
201033113735558_1967.jpg

Moose rubs
201033113741383_1967.jpg

Halfway point of Coburn Mountain
201033113747408_1967.jpg

Canadian Border
201033113752714_1967.jpg

This was my last ride of the season for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,546 Posts
Polaris-Man said:
Awesome year so far! Flood water is already on it's way down!

I'm hoping to start seeding around April 25 this year. Last year we didn't touch the field until around May 20th. I have pictures of me planting the first field of corn on May 23. We didn't seed any wheat last year until June. Which meant we didn't combine anything until September.

From first week in March on, the snow can melt. This year is gonna be good!

I'm thinking it will be less than 3 weeks here until we'll be rolling. We might actually get done in the field and get some of our other stuff done that we're supposed to get done during the summer instead of always being behind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,258 Posts
flatlander_summit said:
Polaris-Man said:
Awesome year so far! Flood water is already on it's way down!

I'm hoping to start seeding around April 25 this year. Last year we didn't touch the field until around May 20th. I have pictures of me planting the first field of corn on May 23. We didn't seed any wheat last year until June. Which meant we didn't combine anything until September.

From first week in March on, the snow can melt. This year is gonna be good!

I'm thinking it will be less than 3 weeks here until we'll be rolling. We might actually get done in the field and get some of our other stuff done that we're supposed to get done during the summer instead of always being behind.
This isn't the famers 2010 update thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [thumb]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,546 Posts
MNSLEDNECK56308 said:
flatlander_summit said:
Polaris-Man said:
Awesome year so far! Flood water is already on it's way down!

I'm hoping to start seeding around April 25 this year. Last year we didn't touch the field until around May 20th. I have pictures of me planting the first field of corn on May 23. We didn't seed any wheat last year until June. Which meant we didn't combine anything until September.

From first week in March on, the snow can melt. This year is gonna be good!

I'm thinking it will be less than 3 weeks here until we'll be rolling. We might actually get done in the field and get some of our other stuff done that we're supposed to get done during the summer instead of always being behind.
This isn't the famers 2010 update thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [thumb]
Smartass...I guess we'll have to start our own thread. http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/forum/55/display.aspx[thumb]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,786 Posts
flatlander_summit said:
MNSLEDNECK56308 said:
flatlander_summit said:
Polaris-Man said:
Awesome year so far! Flood water is already on it's way down!

I'm hoping to start seeding around April 25 this year. Last year we didn't touch the field until around May 20th. I have pictures of me planting the first field of corn on May 23. We didn't seed any wheat last year until June. Which meant we didn't combine anything until September.

From first week in March on, the snow can melt. This year is gonna be good!

I'm thinking it will be less than 3 weeks here until we'll be rolling. We might actually get done in the field and get some of our other stuff done that we're supposed to get done during the summer instead of always being behind.
This isn't the famers 2010 update thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [thumb]
Smartass...I guess we'll have to start our own thread. http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/forum/55/display.aspx[thumb]
now your both smart asses! [ear]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,125 Posts
dodger said:
It sucks.....But just drove buy the local college.....Chicks were out in bikinis sunning

Take the good with the bad I guess
I'll take the good, so where are the Bikini pic's Dodger[DirtDOG]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
Yesterday it was 70, today its supposed to be like 75, but I wouldn't doubt it if it hits 80 today, its insane how warm it is. Some of the roads that are ususally unusable due to flooding haven't had water touch them this year. Definately a lot less snow this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,212 Posts
firecatF5 said:
its been 75 every day for the past 3 weeks here [:D]
you tend to exaggerate things don't you! Oh, you may be talking INSIDE

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/grr/climate/f6/data/?site=grr&year=2010&month=3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,226 Posts
The syrup season around here has been crap due to the weather. a big operation down the hill from me made a bout 1500 gallons last year and this year they made about 400 gallons on a brand new 7000 gas arch setup. Everybody around this area is not making syrup this year like last year hell We pulled the plug on boiling because were boiling stuff that looked like road tar
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mad-Boondocker said:
The syrup season around here has been crap due to the weather. a big operation down the hill from me made a bout 1500 gallons last year and this year they made about 400 gallons on a brand new 7000 gas arch setup. Everybody around this area is not making syrup this year like last year hell We pulled the plug on boiling because were boiling stuff that looked like road tar
My neighbor at the cabin pulled the plug on the syrup making too. Definitly a different Spring. I would like to get the water hooked up at the cabin but if I do it will get cold for sure. Ice is out two weeks earlier then last year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,125 Posts
Ice is out 100 yards from shorelines around here, with the Rain in the forecast could be gone in a week. DNR out checking docks and shorelines. Have the dirtbikes and ATV's out and running, wierd, normally get the 30" of wet slop around this time. Got lawn de-thatched and all the dog crators removed from the yard!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,016 Posts
Ice has been out for a couple weeks now and its hit over 80 degrees here the last two days! Some people could seriously start cutting there grass! We still have some winter spirit as we just got 3 more sleds. An 89 AC cougar 500, an 85 Jag 440, and my bro just traded his atv for an 04 Polaris Pro XR 440 factory race sled. I still have my quad, and i bought the jag from my bro to use as a beater! Ill be taking my boat out on the lake probably this week to just zip around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
polaris1man said:
Ice is out 100 yards from shorelines around here, with the Rain in the forecast could be gone in a week. DNR out checking docks and shorelines. Have the dirtbikes and ATV's out and running, wierd, normally get the 30" of wet slop around this time. Got lawn de-thatched and all the dog crators removed from the yard!!
Polaris1man what is the dnr checking the shoreline and docks for?
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top