Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i have a leak on the oil seal on the cranshaft, (clutch side of engine), wouldn't that effect my idle? There would be no suction of gas into the engine. Am i right?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Your seal will leak and pressure will be lost, mostly leading to an increase in vibration. Some power may be lost in low end also. Better get that puppy fixed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles, baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I believe so, but not entirely. If you know it's leaky, don't run the engine. With air entering the engine from anywhere but the intake and exhaust, your not getting the fuel it needs. It will run lean and will burn up your engine.
If your unsure if it's leaky, spray starting fluid at the seal while it's idling. If the rpm rises, you have a bad seal. Replace it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well while inspecting it i noticed the little spring that is part of the seal was just hanging there. I can't get it to idle but if i blow gas directly into the cylinder and pull it over it will go for a sec then die out unless i throttle it alot, but it eventually dies out.

·
Registered
266 Posts
May it rest in peace!{ till you fix that seal.} Or it will rest in pieces on the trail. Once the dealer told me I'd blown a seal and I answered:"just fix the damn thing and leave my personal life out of it"LOL

Spaceman
Mean Green Racing
Elyria, Ohio

1 - 5 of 5 Posts