Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this question goes out to all you guys who like to jump hills, drifts or what have you. i m wondering what modifications you ve made to your sleds? things like motor mounts, extra hood straps, adjustments to suspension, etc.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I never really modified anything on my storm....and found out the hard way that the rear suspensions on the older polaris models are not that tough....should have seen the trail of parts that were sitting on the trail!! Hopefully my Cat holds up a little better!!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
A skid plate and extra straps are always good to have. I got a different handlebar that was straight and higher. On my old indy 500, i've always have had trouble with snow buildup under the hood, so i duct tape SOME of the hood vents shut when busting big drifts in the ditch all day. As for jumping hills, be sure you have good balance for the long trip back to earth.
Hmmm..............what else

Let it snow!

·
Registered
289 Posts
keep the sled level... get some grille screens instead of duct tape... lol if u want a cheap good looking grille go to a hardware store and buy some gutter screen and spray paint it the right color and epoxy onto hood behind openings... looooks nice and cheap... 10 bcks for a 8 inchx50 foot roll... hehehehe

Duct tape much like the force... it has a light side, a dark side.... and it holds the world together!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I added another set of hood straps to keep it from coming open when I roll it. After landing wrong. I know never happens to anyone else. The suspension on my cat handles the jumping fine. Did add a bash plate but that was for brush/trees not jumping.

·
Registered
586 Posts
modify what?send it through the air untill something breaks, then you'll know what to modify!hahaha

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
THE INDY TRAIL I RODE LAST YEAR HANDLED THE BUMPS OK, AFTER I ADJUSTED THE SUSPENSION.

MOVE OVER AIR JORDAN, HERE COMES AIR POLARIS!!!!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
i cant wait to see the x-game... some sweet air there.. february? maybe i dunno up in VT... mt snow sweet games!

Duct tape much like the force... it has a light side, a dark side.... and it holds the world together!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts