Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today is the day for the big trip.We had a large group originally that has dwindled down to two_Oh well,their loss.The trails in North Bay are in excellent shape from what I have read.This is my first time on the Northern trails and I am so pumped [:p][:D][^]
I am bringing my digital camera and I will be sure to post pics when I return.We are also going to hook up with canadiantim2.
Well take care people and ride safe [^][^][^][^][8D]

·
Registered
125 Posts
Have a good one, you will love it up there. I was up at Christmas to see family and it was amazing then. I can't imagine how it will be now! [:D]

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well the riding is really good here in North Bay. Both saturday and sunday went for 100 mile rides. Just under 900 miles so far and did not ride for two weekends this month. Polarisguy (archie) and Dave arrived in NB this evening. We are riding tomorrow morning at 9AM. The weather report is calling for -30C in morning and -20C at noon. The sleds run strong with these temps and do they hook up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need goog hand and thunb warmers.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hey Tim, I'm off this week. Where are you guys ridin maybe I can meet you some where. None of the guys could make it up this week. One of them had his basement filled with furnase oil, so he's got a big mess to get cleaned.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Any of you guys check out Double D radar runs up there? How is it we always wanted to go to one of those races but it sure would be a haul our team is all from central Minnesota.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was only able to ride with the guys for two of the three days they are up here. 150 miles each day. The trails were great, flat and fast. They do alot of lake running back home, and that may be why they were having so much trouble with intersections. HA I will let them tell the story. Had a great time and would not have hooked up if we did not have this forum. Thanks Tim Robb.

We will ride again next year and it will give you time to practise.Ha!!!!!!!! No problem.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL, Well first I want to thank Tim for everything he did for us.He was unbelieveable !!I will save the corner story for another time.Here are some pics of our trip.It was well worth it awsome trails,scenery and friendship [:D][:)]

/snofan/../images/users/polarisguy/pic 002.jpg
Dave on the lake

/snofan/../images/users/polarisguy/pic 014.jpg
It was -36 degrees for this ride

/snofan/../images/users/polarisguy/pic 018.jpg
I was just checking out my track ,honestly[;)]
Dave on one of the awsome trails

/snofan/../images/users/polarisguy/pic 024.jpg
Dave and I at the NB304 scenic lookout

/snofan/../images/users/polarisguy/pic 040.jpg
Tim and I

/snofan/../images/users/polarisguy/pic 074.jpg
Tim on his f7

/snofan/../images/users/polarisguy/pic 098.jpg

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Looks like a fun ride. If I remember right it's about a 20 to 24 hour drive. Did you cut up through the Sault Ste Marie Michigan.
There aren't too many main highways up in that area. Looks like it could be a fun vacation. Riley

·
Registered
125 Posts
hehe..In that first picture you guys are riding right in front of our cottage. Hope you had a good time! Those pictures make me want to go up to the cottage this weekend!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can tell you I never had so much fun in those three days even with two teeth that were killing me.Now that I am home I went to the dentist and found out that one has to come out[V].I am not looking forward to that.
As far as the distance goes ,it was 650 kms from Lakeshore Dr in North Bay to my house in Belle River.
Here is a pic of Dave's sled ,seems Tim is right that we have a hard time at intersections [:D] The best part is nobody was hurt ,only our egos [8D]

/snofan/../images/users/polarisguy/pic 027.jpg

It was different riding the trails in North Bay.Everything was white and was hard to judge where the trail was [:D]
A wise man once said "Life (or snowmobiling)is like a box of chocolates,you never know what you are going to get" (specially the corners)[:D][8D][^]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL yes that is true protozone [:D]but as everyone knows here at snowmobile fanatics we only go 50 km on the trails [;)]
Thanks to snowmobilefanatics, canadiantim2 and I were able to hook up.A while back I mentioned that I was going to make a trip up there on the site.Tim emailed me mentioning it would be cool to hook up.I can tell you we are very gratefull we did [:p][:p][8)][8D]
We had a lot of laughs,good riding and I had fun teasing Dave and Tim about their cats.

/snofan/../images/users/polarisguy/pic 080.jpg
Dave almost misjudged this corner,

/snofan/../images/users/polarisguy/pic 081.jpg
If he did he would of went down there.That is a bad corner for out of towners that aren,t familiar with the area.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I moved this topic here at the author's request.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm sorry I could not make it, looks like you guys had lots of fun riding. Maybe next time I won't have to go back to work ( on my holidays ).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts