Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Not from there, but usually do a fair amount of riding around the Longville area, to the south. Often make a trip into Walker when we're up north. Have been out on the lake a couple times, but not since 2 winters ago.

·
Registered
95 Posts
im not from the area either but i have a cabin over by remer which is about 15 mins east of the lake. i ride alot around there and fish on upper trelipe lake where my cabin is on. i fished leech a dozen or so times but have never had that great of luck

·
Registered
374 Posts
sledhed...how is Trilipe in the winter (crappies)? We have a cabin on a small private lake .5 miles south of Thunder. We used to hit the crappies pretty good on Trilipe...but have not been there in years.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I live north of Pine River- about 25 minutes from Walker.

·
Registered
95 Posts
311 hemi to be honest i dont go after crappies in the winter on upper trelipe very often. ive tried but never had much luck and people ive talked to in the past say they are hard to find but theyre out there. if i was going to crappie fish id just head over to lower trelipe its only about a half mile down the road and thats a good crappie lake. I fish primarily for walleyes on upper and have pretty good luck there's alot of big fish in there. So are you on Bass lake 311Hemi?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Cool...good to know. I think we fished lower....but may have to give upper a try this summer for some eye's.

My grandma has a cabin on Kindey Lake...it's only 55 acres.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by TommyBoy68
[br]Not from there, but usually do a fair amount of riding around the Longville area, to the south. Often make a trip into Walker when we're up north. Have been out on the lake a couple times, but not since 2 winters ago.
My sister and her husband retired and moved to Leech Lake a couple years ago. Had a house right on the lake but sold it and moved to Park Rapids. Their son and his wife live in Akeley but work in Walker and are sledders. I haven't been out there yet but here the sledding is usually great in the winter (though not this year according to my sister) and fishing is great in the summer. Hope to get out that way this summer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts