·
Registered
170 Posts
yea, i havent seen like that before... looks cool[:)]

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I'm hoping to make it out for one more ride this season...apparently conditions are amazing, but have to wait for baby to arrive first...she's due tomorrow! Hopefully baby comes soon, at which point I can commence to getting on everyone's nerves and have no problem slipping away for a weekend. I haven't been out for over a month now. If I don't get out at least one more time, it's going to be a very long summer!

I think the LH throttle will work best when snow is not so deep which makes it difficult to pull the machine over to the left when sidehilling...especially at slow speeds. Now I can really hang my butt off the sled and transfer weight uphill. When the snow is softer, I have no problem pulling the sled over while holding on to each grip normally, and actually prefer to sidehill standing on the LH running board. We'll see I guess...worst case scenario...she sticks WFO on me and...well...maybe I should carry a garbage bag with me!

Flange

·
Registered
246 Posts
Let us know how it works. I have been thinking about putting one on my machine and would like to hear from a few people that have them.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Did you fab that your self Flange, or is it aftermarket?

Looks great! Can't say I'd ever need one here on the prairies.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hehe, nice shimano lx brake lever. If you want a better setup at the end of the cable housing on the right, you can get clamps that have a round insert where the end of the housing could fit in, so it dosnt slip around. Don't know if it would help, looks pretty solid and looks good!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
There were some errors that came up on the 14th that they couldn'tclear up without causing more trouble so they rebooted the database from their most current back up which was taken on the 10th.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by In Alaska
[br]Let us know how it works. I have been thinking about putting one on my machine and would like to hear from a few people that have them.
Well, I only got out once after installing this, but it worked great! I am so happy with it. My buddies were pissed at me for being able to turn left almost anywhere I wanted to. This could be the best mod I've ever installed.

nicolas_fs, I know what your talking about and considered putting a clamp on it, but the cable seems to stay put using quick-ties only.

500fasEnuf, put it together myself based on some of the other ideas I found on the net.

I hightly recommend this mod to anyone riding in the mountains. I don't know why the manufacturers don't do it...must be due to liability issues.

Flange

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I've seen similar thing done but mounted it on the mountain bar so you still use your right hand for the throttle. either way looks like a good mountain mod to me.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by 2000TCMC
[br]I've seen similar thing done but mounted it on the mountain bar so you still use your right hand for the throttle. either way looks like a good mountain mod to me.
I don't think that would work very well on the new Cat mountain bars. They flex too much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts