Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok before i changed anything my sled (97 xcr 600 sp)seemed like it wasnt downshifting right because i would get up to about 65 then slow down to about 35 or so and go to get on it again and it would bog out like crazy so i would have to slow down( 35 mph and 5600 rpm).. so i "think" i tightended the secondary clutch spring one notch. and ki tryed it out in the fiel a lil bit with the limited snow and it didnt seem to do it although off the line it has an innitial bog un til the track breaks free them in pulls hard im jus curious what everyone thinks cuz i leave for rhinelander wis on sat morning.....thanks[8D]

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Tightening your secondary improved your back shift

Off the start I would look at carburation issues

·
Registered
77 Posts
make sure the belt is up on the secondary clutch.should be about 1/8th out of the clutch.you may have to change your clutch sheave distance so your belt does'nt squeel.the dial on the side of the secondary around the mountting bolt will do that.#1 for thight #5 to loosen. you may also have a spark plug that is bad.check it out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yah i fixed it lol the middle cylinders olug was soaked but it was the carb broke it down cleaned it up and it actually runss harder now then i think it ever has.... thanks guys so pray for snow for me....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts