1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Dude, That stinks!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yeah saw this earlier, hope its nothin to serious. I could care less about the jump but Xgames wouldnt be the same without him

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
That sucks,hopefully he is healed up for new years. Paul Thacker is in real tough shape now to.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
is that a body kit on an iqr?

·
Registered
581 Posts
RMK-KING said:
That sucks,hopefully he is healed up for new years. Paul Thacker is in real tough shape now to.
What happend to Paul Thacker?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Fuse600 said:
is that a body kit on an iqr?
They probably designed it specifically for the long jump.

Hope it's nothing serious, I was really looking forward to watching this.[:(]

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thacker crashed earlier this year. He broke some ribs and the t-5 vertebrae in his back. Right now he can't move anything from his chest down. I believe he is in Colorado at a rehab center right now

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
That sucks bad, didn't know that had happened to Thacker either.......best wishes for a speedy recovery!

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Taken from thackers website. He isn't doing much better then blair morgan right now.

On Nov 18th Paul was practicing for the upcoming season when a small bobble on his landing sent him into the bars and threw him from the sled. Paul was immediately taken to Regions hospital in St Paul, Minnesota where it was determined that he had broken ribs, collapsed lung and some broken vertebras in his back. Paul has been alert and in great spirits during this entire ordeal and is still his typical self around the nurses! He has had surgery to help relieve some pressure in his back and as he puts it “put humpty dumpty back together!”. Paul’s surgery went well and although it will be a long and slow recovery you can be sure you will see him out and about as soon as he can be!

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Bigger air, bigger injuries. That really sucks about both guys getting hurt. I think they both have a lot to do with the progression of our sport and the progression of the sleds we ride. Speedy recovery guys!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Levi Levi Levi... Always seems he's doing something insane, and frequently crashing something. Didn't know about Thacker either. But I remember when Blair Morgna went down, hopefully that doesn't happen to Thacker. Hope to see Levi for New Years though!!

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out why you'd jump a sled at a marina in (yuk gag puke) CALIFORNIA.......[beatup]

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
cant move from the chest down. and people laugh at speed runners for being boring. atleast if we have a big fail you slide down the ice at 100 mph and rub holes in your bibs.

all the money in the world isnt going to matter now if he dont get better. i will stick to driving like an old lady on my heavy old sled thank you.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Levi jumped 361' during practice setting a new world record. The Red Bull jump on new years has been canceled as a result from his injury though. He is expected to make a full recovery.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/main/news/06ff817f-030c-4791-a652-9a4a52125ffa.aspx?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MxaNews+%28mxa+news%29

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
madcow said:
cant move from the chest down. and people laugh at speed runners for being boring. atleast if we have a big fail you slide down the ice at 100 mph and rub holes in your bibs.

all the money in the world isnt going to matter now if he dont get better. i will stick to driving like an old lady on my heavy old sled thank you.
I've always thought you drove like a grandma on a tank.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
^ heck yea but how many times have i been needing an air lift and life support because of my riding? exactly!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts