Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed this without sending it to the shop? It appears the big bearing is a 5207 C4 from the research I've done. Someone said that was the # on the SLP package when he got it.

Then use a 1mm spacer between the bearings? That correct? Use the stock, thinner bearing as the outside or inside?

I have the knowledge to tear down to the crank easily. Is this really a hard job? I suppose if the case is not line bored, it would make no difference right?

Thanks
D

·
Registered
807 Posts
I've done a few now and you just replace the two narrow bearings and spacer with wide one. If bearing comes with pins remove them and I do not use locktite as I have been told it will interfere with case fit tolerances.

See link http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/92414/display.aspx

·
Registered
197 Posts
What is the reason you are considering changing it? If you have it apart and the outer bearing slides off with ease then it might be to late.Ive had three twin 800 that have had PTO bearing problems.One I sent out to J & J Machinery (the sled I use as my primary) he line bores the cases puts a grove in it for a ringed big bearing trues the crank, welds the pins,motor plate to stop case flex and balances your clutch allot of the problems stem from a unbalanced one this in my opinion is the way to go.The other two twins I did poos big race bearing with a spacer on the the inside out far enough to gap the bad area on the crank and enough room for the seal and oil to get threw (a band aid in a way)checked the run out and had the clutch balanced(these two sled I dont ride as much)but they seem to be OK so far.I always warm up the sled good first thing and then shut it down for about 20 mins to let the crank heat up in the case.Here are the pics of the big race bearing and the part number also pics of one of the cranks that started to get bad.If you want J&J Machinery's number pm me he does great work at a good price.
2009131175233184_21419.jpg

2009131175235637_21419.jpg

2008112619140203_21419.jpg

200811261949421_21419.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No particular reason why except for all the reasons I've read about. I just picked up a 800 LE and thought I may do this upgrade this summer.

Probably not too hard of a job.

D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts