Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy I bought my sled off of put a licence plate sticker on the hood. I'm curious if anyone has any insight on how to get it off. I want to be careful because the sticker is stuck on top of the sleds decals. I'm thinking heat gun.

Thanks

·
Registered
632 Posts
try a blow dryer, a heat gun could possibly do more damage than you think. Haire dryer has always worked well anytime i took off any decals.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hair dryer or heat gun will work great. Just be sure with the heat gun that you don't get to close just let it get warm and work it off. For the glue take baby oil on a rag and work it in, it will come right off. Goo Gone will do it too but it doesn't work as good as baby oil.

·
Registered
123 Posts
ya i had the same problem.. you just have to heat it up with a blow dryer and slowly peel away the sticker..be careful do it slowly and gently. it might take awhile but im sure you can do it!

·
Registered
258 Posts
a little heat from a hair dryer, and CAREFULLY use a razor blade to work up a corner of the sticker in order to get under it. Make sure you dont dig the blade into your sled decal. Keep the blade straight and flush and you will be fine. To get the excess glue of just use a dag of gas on a rag a rub lightly. It will loosen up the adhesive and come right off. Thats how I do it.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
robosnow said:
a little heat from a hair dryer, and CAREFULLY use a razor blade to work up a corner of the sticker in order to get under it.
I did kind of the same thing but used the edge of a credit card. The card gets under the sticker but doesn't scratch like a razor blade can do. Those free "john doe" credit cards that come in the junk mail work pretty good. Just save a few when they come and keep them in the tool box.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yep, as said above, steal one of your moms old hair dryers from her closet from under the pile of 13 other ones she has. She'll never know (I promise! I've got 2 of them in the shop) Heat the decal up and use a fingernail(if you dont chew them like I do)/razor blade/credit card and you will have no problems. If it doesn't come off clean use goo-gone or another type of solvent.

Chad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts