Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He guys, a little while ago i bought myself my first truck and i'v been fixing it up.

When i bought the truck the running light and brake light on the cab was the only light that worked out back. i found some melted wires where the truck harness plugs into the tail light harness so i eliminated the plug and now im going to hardwire everything together.

right now my problem is there is 5 wires at the back that come from the truck wiring harness and only 4 wires on the recieving end of the tail light wiring harness.

I know where the dark green, light green, and brown wires go but what do i do with the remaining 2 yellow wires? Connect the 2 coming from the truck to the one on the tail light harness? is one a ground???

If someone could point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it. i'v owned this thing for 3 months and have only put on .5 of a kilometer!

2010121232915601_20734.jpg

·
Registered
67 Posts
2010122111617179_31875.jpg
I don't know why you would have 2 yellow wires, but this is what I followed when I had to rewire my truck last summer. Hope this helps, and goodluck.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I can get you just about every wiring diagram for that truck. Is it just a regular '94 1/2 ton? 4x4? not sure if it matters, but being specific helps. But I know what plug you are talking about, my '94 Blazer has the same thing, but I don't remember there being 2 yellow wires. There should be a brown going to each light, a yellow to the left, and a green to the right, with a common ground. Sounds like someone may have did a little repair before, and didn't know what they were doing. Is there a trailer wiring harness on the truck?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dragoncald said:
2010122111617179_31875.jpg
I don't know why you would have 2 yellow wires, but this is what I followed when I had to rewire my truck last summer. Hope this helps, and goodluck.
i have that harness and its all good.i need some sort of diagram for were that first connector plugs into the truck light harness.

The truck is a 94 silverado 4x4. regular cab long box.

yes it has a trailer light wiring harness.

MX4life

·
Registered
450 Posts
Alright, I got the 2 files uploaded, but for some reason I cant attach PDFs to the post, but they're there. Those are the least confusing looking ones i could get, the rest include a lot of the other lights to the truck. They're from AllData, so its about as legitimate as it gets. But also check to see if there's a blown fuse. If not, get a continuity gauge and start testing wires. Check to see if the dash lights come on too when you turn the lights on. because when my lights went out I had no dash lights, tail lights, or parking lights. There isn't much to the wiring passed the back of the cab. after that its wires to the fuel pump and tail lights. Hope to see it get fixed, because a garage will charge stupid amounts of money to fix a short in some wiring.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MasterSkitelz said:
Alright, I got the 2 files uploaded, but for some reason I cant attach PDFs to the post, but they're there. Those are the least confusing looking ones i could get, the rest include a lot of the other lights to the truck. They're from AllData, so its about as legitimate as it gets. But also check to see if there's a blown fuse. If not, get a continuity gauge and start testing wires. Check to see if the dash lights come on too when you turn the lights on. because when my lights went out I had no dash lights, tail lights, or parking lights. There isn't much to the wiring passed the back of the cab. after that its wires to the fuel pump and tail lights. Hope to see it get fixed, because a garage will charge stupid amounts of money to fix a short in some wiring.
when I bought the truck the dash lights didn't work. Turned out the fuse box was messed up so now the dash lights work. There is no blown fuses in the fuse box. I have running lights to the tail lights when I turn them on but I don't have anything on the cab light. I was wiggeling a ground with the lights on and the tail light running lights went out and the one on the cab came on, the more I wiggle it it switches from cab running lights to tail lights. I also had the turn signals working properly one time but I had no brake lights and now the turn signals don't work anymore........

Thanks for all the help so far guys
Ty

is the second PDF there for the circut inside the tail lights? I don't think the tail lights are the issue I have 4 sets of tail lights and they all act the same.

When you said there isn't much for wiring past the fuel pump, that's the diagram I would like to see, I followed the wires all the way to the cab the other day to make sure nothing was frayed or anything and came up with nothing. I need to know were to connect the only 5 wires that go past the fuel pump if you understand what I'm saying.

Thanks again
Ty

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm still thinking here guys ahah, only one side of the cab light worked, if one of the bulbs was blown could that cause a break in the circut? When I hit the turn signal is there supposed to be an indicator on the cab light too?

Could my other yellow wire at the back be for trailer breaks?

Jmax said:
brown could have faded to yellow make sure u are seeing the right color
That is a possibility but I followed the wires all the way to the cab and the colour stays the same. I was thinking maybe one had a white strip down it but the colours are faded and you can't really tell.

I believe this was a mud truck before and as I pull the wires out of the plastic covers Alot of dirt comes out so maybe I have bigger problems then I think

·
Registered
450 Posts
It would probably be easier for me to just send you the diagrams in an email instead of loading 5-10 pdfs of wiring diagrams for your truck. Just send me a PM with your email and I'll send you every tail/park light related diagram I have.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Alright, I sent you everything that's relevant. If there's anything else just ask.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.