Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Arctic cat 600 EFI and i want to put a green light cover on it to make it look cool. I ride a lot at night, will this cover take a lot of my light away that i need. I would buy just the bulb but i can't find a green one. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
you arent sposed to ride w/ headlight covers at night.....and i dont know bout green bulbs, they sell blue and yellow tho. expensive, it would be cheaper to buy the cover, just cant use it at night.

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know how hard it is to put the covers on and off? Yeah i know about the blue and yellow but i think that they would look gay...i might be wrong the yellow might look ok.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
if im not mistaken, i think some of the covers are just velcro. what kinda sled do u ahve, ZR? Powder special? and there is a different thread somehwere on the form that talks about light bulbs, and how some dont give u anymore light or less light then the OEM. But the color bulbs do look nice.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
covers can look nice but I prolly wouldn't get them for the simple no riding at night thing. I actualyl do very very very little night riding. If the sun is down we are either in the camp or heading there. But it is the heading there part I wouldn't like. I definetally wouldn't even attempt keeping up with my riding partners with a covered light. I know on the Viper the blue covers look awesome but for functionality sake no.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
ive come to the conclusion that until im so rich ol man, im not gonna put mods on my sled just for the look...if it looks good and helps me in some way, its a double good deal...lol....its just to much money for me to spend right now to buy a $30 snow flap cuz it looks cool, or a $80 windsheild cuz it looks cool, even tho i have an aftermarket one when i got it....and granted, headlight covers look cool, and are cheap, it would become mre of a pain for me if i ever rode at night. most of my riding is done during the day neway. but that 10 bucks can be spent on other things i think......all this is just IMHO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts