Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for all the posts but i was riding my sled today and the lights kept going off and staying off for a while then coming back on again and when it goes out the speedometer works but the rpm`s or the instrument lights dont work. Anyone know which wire this is doing and what color is it? and what should i do to fix it or find where its coming from? thanks!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
ide just do a thorough job of checking EVERY wire onthe sled. sounds like ya either have a bad ground or a wire shorting out somwhere. id check all of that and if you dont find anything wrong then maybe replace the voltage regulator.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok alrighty i`ll probably buy one just for the heck of it then possibly bring it down to the dealer and have him check the wiring! [:D]

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Use a power tester, check before, and after the voltage regulator, when the light is dead.

·
Registered
3 Posts
[8D] sounds like problably a bad voltage regulator or shoted wiring. Try looking unser the seat. I just had a similair problom with my 90 Indy and it was the regulator.

·
Administrator
1998 XCR 440
13,109 Posts
Very doubtful that it's the voltage regulator. When those go shot the lights burn out, not turn off then back on. I know this cuz I just recently blew up all 3 headlights on my dad's sled. Whoops...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
under the seat, the thing holding it down rattled loose somehow so i tightened it and its all set

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Originally posted by Bobinwi
[br]they are pretty cheap
i dont think they cost more then 20 bucks
Nope... Bought one this past week. 100$$ What a rip off.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
its so nice when the fix is so easy...as long as you don't spend hours on end looking for the complicated stuff, but I wouldn't know about that [;)]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts