Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went away last week and started my sled up and had no headlight so i got a new one and that one blew the next day. Me and my dad looked for a bare wire and could not find anything that could cause the light to short out. Was on a week long trip and had to get a new light everyday dose anyone have any suggestions on were the look for the short.

·
Registered
82 Posts
twiz

I have heard of that same problem before on this site and it quite often is the voltage regulator, so you may want to check that out. Also, it would probably help if you provided more info on your sled as that may help someone point out the problem for you.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
It probably is the voltage regulator.but make sure your not putting fingerprints all over the bulb.the fingerprints cause the bulb to heat up and burn out.wipe the bulb clean before installing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
look down by your right foot for a little black box with 1 wire comming out of it. that is your voltage regulator. if it is unpluged or has failed you will blow headlights. i swear these things are made by the headlight companies because they sure fail lots![:D]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts