Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about how to lighten up my '98 XC600. Besides the obvious and expensive aftermarket seats and hoods, what about suspension parts? The stock XTRA10 rear skid is really heavy when I had it out, I assume alot of that weight is from the suspension arms. Does anyone know if companies make Chromoly or Billet Aluminum parts for the rear skid? I have seen lot of parts for the front suspension, but they are very expensive. Thanks alot for the help.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
www.mountainperformance.com might have something. I have no idea for sure if they do. I think they deal mainly in Yammis.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Check with www.off-road.com They might be able to help ya. I refer alot of people there because they've usually got something there if someone here can't help ya.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not really a lot you can do if you don't have much to spend. Try these anyways:
brtechracing.com Hoods
fabcraft.com susp and others
mbrp.com exhaust cans
holzracingp roducts.com susp. parts
vanamburgenterprises.com seats and hoods other parts too-have to call them
hood and seat is some of the cheapest weight to lose there are rear arm kits out there, but most are more expensive than the hoods and seats.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
becarefull. i put a lot of time this last summer getting the low down on light wieght. if you are a flat lander dont get the two pound kevlar hoods at high speeds they can burn on your pipe fromthe air flexing them down. the light wieght suspension parts are made for mountain sleds. some trailering arms arent set up for a torsion bar. some arent strong enough for hard trail riding.

your best bet is to find a 98 440 xcr and swap engines or find just the rear suspension and put it in yours. the engine swap will be cheaper than two try and by that much wieght loss. especially if you are keeping the engine stock. thats the first thing they all try to sell you.
good luck.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts