Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
1,378 Posts
young_and_dumb said:
what ways can i make my ultra lighter i was thinking a lighter seat were can i get a lighter seat
That sled is a lot lighter than most. You would definitly have to fab a seat of some sort on it then you'll have to deal with the gas tank, do you have plastic skis?? I guess if you don't care about cosmetics there's always ways to trim the fat off a sled, and I'm going to beat the guys with the twins to the punch and tell ya to take the motor out. Hahahaha[thumb]

· Registered
1,378 Posts
Dragon700 said:
i was goona say [highlight=yellow]sell it[/highlight=yellow] as a joke, but that would turn into a Twin V. Triple war.
That's a good one, Hahahaha. I got one for ya (and this a joke)/ Worried about weight on the sled??? Go on a diet!!

· Registered
1,956 Posts
Light weight hood, chromolly trailing arms, aluminum steering arms, plastic skis, chromolly steering loop, chromolly handlebars, remove anything steel that isn't needed, boss seat tripple piped, light weight can. The old tripples can be made quite light.

· Registered
2,738 Posts
ultrawillie said:
young_and_dumb said:
what ways can i make my ultra lighter i was thinking a lighter seat were can i get a lighter seat
That sled is a lot lighter than most.

True. It looks as though you have the wedge body ultra, and not the spx in the aggressive chassis. the aggressive chassis was very overweight.

· Registered
1,378 Posts
polarisorbust said:
Did you guys read the question, he is asking how to make his ULTRA lighter, not himself.
We read the question. Riley gave him some good advice on how to lighten it up, and I'll still stand by what I stated, if you want to shed about 60lbs get rid of the skis and the stock exhaust.

· Registered
2,124 Posts
Here's the best advise for yah, pull the motor sell it to Ultrawillie, and put yourself a real motor in it, a LIBERTY TWIN 700-800 mill, port the jugs and cases, advance the timing 1-2 degrees, drop a SLP single pipe/can combo, Mukuni 38's for fuel feed, clutch it for 660-1000 ft, and about 1,000 nails in the track, and let me know what you think then!! I take it you have the '97 Ultra in the Wedge chassis design? If so, those '98 XC700 twins ran excellent in that chassis, still see many on the race circuit

· Registered
8,834 Posts
i beleive a fusion seat and tank will fit on there for some wieght loss, rev seat and tank might also fit on there.

hoods can be a huge weight loss depending on how you equip the new hood.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.