Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been pushing this away, never wanting to have to deal with it, but this weekend i was riding and some guys came up to me when i was pulling my sled of the trailer and asked if my sled was on fire..... they said it was smoking so much that they thought it was.....JAY, i know we have the same cans, does yours smoke really really bad...i have only put like 5 hours on the new can, so maybe it will go away...........Any info would be nice!!!!!

Thanks guys

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Mine smokes quite a bit on startup and for the first 10ft. After that she hardly smokes at all. I havent noticed any difference in smoke output from stock can to the rumblepack can. Remember Cat efi's are jetted extra rich from the factory and usually the oil injection is set way high too.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
My Cat smokes alot on start up 2 it has carbs but it goes away after warm up!I didnt notice any more with my D&D can!

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Originally posted by Achotrod
[br]My Cat smokes alot on start up 2 it has carbs but it goes away after warm up!I didnt notice any more with my D&D can!
Same with mine. Mine was horrible, just a haze of blue smoke all of the time. Then I got the D&D can, and it went away.

If you just bought it, it will probably stop in time. Although on start up they will always smoke quite a bit.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, i guesss as long as im burning a lot of oil, then i dont have to worry about blowing it up...haha.. but i think im going to fill everything up, top it off, ride and then measure how much oil i am using to the gas i am....then if its way off i will have my dealer tune it...i mean i can't get enough of the smell..its good, but i feel bad for people around me...

·
Registered
557 Posts
A neighbor of mine used to ask me if my sled was on fire too, but for different reasons. She was a "tree hugger." - can I say that? The smoke lessened after break-in.

·
Registered
489 Posts
it could just be just the choke running threw causing it to smoke lots

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
No choke on M sleds. They just smoke bad on start up. Like most every other 2 stroke. And remember smoke looks thicker in cold. Once the coolers are warm it goes away.

·
Registered
489 Posts
oh really didnt know that lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya, lol.. the smoke still hasn't gone away, but when i am riding and stop to chat, there usually no smoke...but still a lot the first 15 min or so...;

1 - 10 of 10 Posts