Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 95 XLT my limiter strap is a one piece wrap around i guess you would call it. right now the two ends at the track end are even. I think that would this would be a neutral or middle setting. I am in the process of putting on a new 1" track with 1.25" studs and the sled was never studded before, would you think I should tighten it one notch or two to offset the studs?

I don't care where we go, let's just ride....

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I'd tighten it a bit, as increased traction will make your front end want to go up in the air more.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We'll give it a shot at one notch tighter and see how we do. I also found two broken bolts at the back lower end of the suspension looks like I'm giving up about two inches of ride height with those broken. I'll try to get those out tonight, and replace em, that should also make a difference.

Edited by - FXD on February 08 2002 5:20:26 PM

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
broken bolts suck!! i switched my rear suspension on my 93 xlt to xtra 10, but no snow to accuratley test this. but on my old (original) suspension i had 2 bolts broke on the front track shock A-arm, but the shaft has an insert that comes out, that i could order, but i will stay with my xtra 10, keep old skid just in case i have problems

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tapped out on of them, had to insert a size smaller bolt in the other side. but I'm going to clamp a small piece of metal to the bracket to suuport it so all the abuse isn't put on the bolts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts