Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna make my polaris stand straight up live on flat rarely go to mountains so i don't care about my nose staying down for climbing. my question is the pros now only have one strap but not adjustable. what are you guys doing to add more strap can i cut the middle out of the strap and add more and how much can i go? what will this effect i have my suspension set good for my weight.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
So you bought a sled specifically engineered to climb and sidehill in deep snow and all you want to do is pop wheelies on the flats? If you want to destroy a purpose-built deep snow suspension just cut the limiter strap and replace the front shock with a two by four.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
The Pro RMK suspension was specifically designed to not wheelie,you can set it up how ever you want and it will not stand straight up without a turbo. Sounds like you bought the wrong sled.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. You guys are right. Where i live we get 3 to 4 feet of nice powder and some big hills that my sled wont even climb its like my backyard is mountain riding other then the temperature. And sometimes my polaris even has troubles climbing i have got stucl in our powder. Everyone i ride with or in my area im talking 150 mountain sleds they go to the mountains also but still loosen them. My question is am i gonna hurt my suspension if i loosen them? And am i gonna have to install an anit stab kit

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Tighten the front track spring way up and loosen the rear, I would leave the strap alone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks for your advice im going to do that im new with sleds have raced motocross all my life could u explain specifically what that will do like why is would that make is stand up better. U seem to know thanks. And im not going to touch the strap

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
By doing that it changes the weight transfer from the front of the skid to the rear, more transfer to the rear will make the skis lift easier.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Don't cut the limiter strap. If you know you would need a custom part, and have "big issues" why would you even consider it...? Its a $10,000 sled, and engineered to work a certain way. Don't change it, you're just begging for serious problems that could make the sled catastrophically fail and cause you or another rider harm. Not worth it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts