Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to drane all of the lines on my moto-ski of Liquid Coolant i need some tips on how and other stuff. the coolant is really old and want to drain all and all new coolant, PLEASE anybody that reads this please let me know anything i cant do ill give everybody pics of the beast thank you J.P[8D]

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Use a shop vac and suck it out.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Shouldn't the shop vacs are all waterproofed.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Using the Shop Vac method, do you have to have two spots open? Like remove one hose and suck out of the filler cap?

Every time I have changed coolant in something, I usually have to flush it a few times before everything gets changed.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I've used the shop vac method a few times. You do need two spots open, but as soon as you unhook a line from somewhere you open up the other spot for the air to come in. And if you really want to clean it out you can hit it with the air gun to flush it the rest of the way.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
after draining all old coolant i usually like to flush the whole system out with water. it kinda helps to get all of the floaters and what not out of the system

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
if you dont got a shop vac, you can buy a peice for your drill for like $15 at the local supply store, then you put one end in the tank and another into something else, and let the drill rip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts