Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Im new to this site,just found it lastnight,looks to be very good info etc. etc.
I have this download Id like people to listen too see if you can figure out what this noise might be
this is last year.. a noise in my 500 formula,I had my brother ride it with his dig. camera taping the noise. REMEMBER the reason the noise fades in and out is him giving it throttle then letting off throttle etc. so you can here the noise fade in and out .(this noise is taping in between 20-30 mph. so lets here what you think this damn noise is???
let me know if the link doent work! type in code then click "down load your file here" http://www.badongo.com/vid/289198

also this noise only happens when it gets warmed up after a couple miles or so then it will stay! But after its completely cold from sitting for hours you have to get it warm to do it again.[xx(]

let me know what you think besides that it isnt right lol

·
Registered
195 Posts
I don't hear anything abnormal with your sled.. cruising at that speed can cause the clutchs to overheat a bit, you might be hearing a little belt squeal....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that LOUD whining noise is the noise Im talking about, or weering noise Im not sure what to call it.Its nice and quiet till its warm then starts with that weering crap. It gets so bad you cant ride. You dont think it sounds like a heated bearing or something?
THANKS for the reply

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
so much noise it's hard to tell. but if i were you i'd check

- chain tension
- jackshaft and driveshaft bearings
- hifax

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just finished changing jackshaft and drive bearing in the chain case today,the other side jackshaft and drive bearings were changed when I first heard the noise last year..hope this helps thanks again guys for the replys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts