Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking at just loading my sled in the back of my truck this year and I'm looking at a loading ramp. Here's the one I'm looking at. Do you guys think it will work for $100?

http://www.tractorsupply.com/better-built-tri-folding-aluminum-loading-ramp-1035113

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
It will work, but I would imagine it would suck unless you put some ski sliders on, the carbides would bite the aluminum real hard like.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm planning that BIG time, also a small mat on the middle one for the track

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Yes if you put some ski slide on it so the carbides don't get hung up on the ramp. I think you could build one out of wood for half the price, and make it better.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there somewhere on the forum to show me how to??

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
ArcticCatzr500 said:
Hey guys, I'm looking at just loading my sled in the back of my truck this year and I'm looking at a loading ramp. Here's the one I'm looking at. Do you guys think it will work for $100?

http://www.tractorsupply.com/better-built-tri-folding-aluminum-loading-ramp-1035113
That's a nice ramp but I don't think it's ideal for sleds. Go to youtube and search snowmobile ramps. There are a few vids with details on how to make the ramps...some look pretty slick

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
How to what? Build a ramp out of wood?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^yup

The one for TSC has a loading rating of 1500 lbs just like the snowmobile ramps that are at dealers and snowmobile part shops. I'll look on youtube to loo at a few also.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Well you could get a tape measure and measure how long you want the ramp and then get a piece of plywood and some 2by4s and brace it with the 2bys.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have that same ramp actually, and IMO that is a nice price.

I find it's a little short in length, which makes the incline kinda steep to get up into the bed of my truck. Guess it depends on how high a truck sits.

I put 1/4" plywood in the outer 2 panels, so the skis ride up that. I left my middle segment exposed. and the track can grab the rungs, and I can also walk up and down the ramp like a ladder, which is nice for when I use it for loading other things. As someone said, it's not the IDEAL sled ramp, but it is sturdy and can be made to work. I don't haul my sled in the truck hardly at all, though. But I put up with it when I need to.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think you better just buy one...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts